DCP declare war on Christmas Day

Here visitors can look around, post questions or just say hi.
kindle

DCP declare war on Christmas Day

Post by kindle » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:07 am

Divine Council of Pyr (DCP) has declared war on Blackburn Trade Post.

00:00 to 02:00 25 December 2005.

The outpost belongs to Eleytheria and is a Q50 Outpost. DCP have deliberately chosen a bad time just to aggravate. We would appreciate some DEFENDERS to help us. Only four battles will be the decider, as the outpost will be level 21.

Most members of Eleytheria have played for at least 9 months and I am sure a lot of you already know Toneh, Hormonal, Meloner and Supernovae. We are a guild devoted to 'Making Atys a better place' and know that you are a like-minded guild, which is why I have posted here.

Our web pages are at:
http://eleytheria.serveftp.com/index.ph ... opic&t=107

If we don't see you, have a Happy Christmas all.

Sxarlet
Carrier of stealth socks

Post by Sxarlet » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:16 am

Hi Kindle,

That is grave news. I hope that Evo can help at that time to defend your Outpost! Unfortunally, I cannot promise anything at this time...

Frydeswinde
Borg Queen

Post by Frydeswinde » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:13 pm

Hello Sxarlet! Good to see you back on Atys!

Kindle, I am terribly sorry to let you know I am not there at that time, would it be a day delayed I could have made it. Would have loved to join that fight to defend an outpost belonging to a neutral guild and I for sure have a few scores to settle with about everyone who claims to be a proud member of the Deranged Counsil of Pyr. (please note this is my personal opinion and in no way can be sen as spoken on behalf of Evolution of which I aint even a member atm).

I just thought of something: that is round 1, right? When is round2, the defense phase?

kindle

Outpost rounds

Post by kindle » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:38 pm

Outposts have guards, like mobs they spawn at various time and points around the outpost. Attacking an outpost is about killing all the guards in a certain time and defence is all about preventing the guards from being killed.

When you first aquire an outpost you have to kill the guards; each time you kill al the guards you win a round. You can win a maximum of 24 rounds, but all you have to do is beat a target number, in the case of a Q50 Outpost this is 3 and for a Q250 Outpost it is 11. For each round that you kill all the guards, you gain a level, call it X, and this has to be above the target number (3 in the case of a Q50) Outpost. At the end of two hours you will have killed all the guards X times. If X is greater than the target number you have won the Outpost, congratulations. Now you can place your chosen type of drill for 20 million dapper.

Another guild may now declare war on the Outpost. To gain the outpost they need to kill all the guards X times and the defending guild has to prevent this from happening. If the attacking guild fails to win X rounds, then the second defence phase does not occur.

If the attacking guild has won more than X rounds, the second phase occurs where the previous owners have chance to win the outpost back.

In this case the roles are reversed and the new owners have to keep the guards alive whilst the previous owners have to kill all the guards. To win back the Outpost the old owners have to beat the new owners number of rounds; the number of times they killed all the guards.

There are a number of other rules but this is the fundamental concept.

I hope that this clears up some of the questions on Outposts.
Kindle
Leader of Eleytheria

kindle

An example from the Eleytheria Outpost

Post by kindle » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:53 pm

When we aquired the Outpost we won all all 24 rounds, making it impossible for anyone to take it from us as attackers have to beat our total. Since the maximum number of rounds is 24, then you cannot beat 24.

However, the level of the Outpost drops every two days. Since we won ours on Monday 19th, by the 25th, it will have dropped two levels to 21.

DCP have to win 22 rounds to win the Outpost. If we, the defenders, win 3 rounds then it is impossible for DCP to win and we can all celebrate and go home.
Kindle
Leader of Eleytheria

Sxarlet
Carrier of stealth socks

Post by Sxarlet » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:44 pm

What happens if attacker and defender both reach lvl 24?

kindle

On a draw......

Post by kindle » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:42 am

The old owner wins draw.

Snake
Old geezer

Post by Snake » Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:04 am

I have thought quite a lot about the tactics required to hold an OP. Winning from the npc bots is pretty easy, obviously defending it is going to be a lot harder.

My advice, in my absence, as I feel sure I wont be able to make it is....

Your threshold is 21, ideally you want to stop the attacking force equalling or bettering this which therefore negates your obligation to continue the 2nd round. So you need to win 5 rounds........

Don't even attempt to win any round before round 10, the spawns from the npc's are too slow and very very easy to wipe out thus your enemy will have plenty of time to fight your own army. On the other hand if you have an army that seriously outnumbers the opposition, engage from round 1.

Learn from previous battles that have happened already. Be prepared to use every dirty tactic in the book beacause they will surely try to do the same. If you have nearby aggro, have someone standing nearby, mpa and speed at the ready, if your opponent is struggling a bit, hit all buffs and drag that aggro in too try and wipe them out. Remember every time they are wiped out it is as good as winning 2 rounds cos it will take them too long to port/spawn, regroup, heal up and head back.

Keep your own army just outside the OP zone, do not engage early on, bide your time, you are looking to win 5 rounds only, the hardest 5 are the last 5. In reality you dont want to cut it that close so from probably round 15 be ready to rush in and clean them out. Have neutrals in camp so you know who the healers are, target them first when you rush in, keep in tight groups so that one person can hit mpa and protect you all, next time another member of the group has mpa available etc etc.

You have a certain amount of control during the battle over spawn placements. From the battles I have seen so far the biggest problems have been when the army has been stretched so set your initial spawn points opposite each other, dont pick a regular pattern, mix it up so your enemy cant camp the spawn and wipe them out. Make them move to engage, use the time limits to your advantage and if they look stretched or the healers are all grouped in one spot, switch the spawn so they appear on top of the healers. Artillery units look awesome from what I've seen so far and seem by far the preferred unit but thats just my opinion.

Know your enemy, glean every bit of information about them that you can, set up macros to target those that you know are healers and use them. If you can, designate roles to ppl, player x targets player y etc. OP battles are generally mayhem and chaos the team that is organised the best should win. You have the npc's on your side, an entity they cant plan for, use that as a bonus as most will be hitting space to target and then firing a nuke. ABOVE ALL TARGET THE HEALERS, learn who they are from the early rounds, write macros to target and nuke them and designate one person to each healer, if they have celestial guardians assign two ppl to take them down to make sure you get them.

Setup effective communication, have at least one person from guild in each team, use team chat only and relay thru guild chat. OP chat channel will probably be forthcoming as in EP2 but dont let your enemy know what you are trying to do by using region chat.

I stress again, forget the early rounds, use those to gauge your enemy and setup as many specific targets as possible, the last thing you want is everyone to run in and 8 of your army targets the same person and throw nukes, he's dead in 2 maybe 3 shots, thats 5-6 shots wasted that could have been thrown at other ppl and above all TARGET THE HEALERS.......

Good luck and if I can I will try to be there, hats off to DCP in a way for picking a very strategic time to attack, this will be a common strategy for OP battles I'm sure.
Snake
Master of All Jewels
Master of All Light Armour
Master of All Forage

Scarazi
Priest

Post by Scarazi » Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:15 am

or let DCP live up to their reputation of all talk no action :P

Crythos
Guild Sharpshooter

Post by Crythos » Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:41 am

Well we were ready to go but hehe Scar was proved correct.

So we waited til 1am to help BM take Graveyard gate, and Sxarlet turns up, doesnt everyone want a nice suprise on Christmas morning. :)