Encyclopaedia Botanica

Here both visitors and members can roleplay about everything, within resonable limits ofc!
( Notes : Moderators reserves the right to remove unfitting post and threads without prior notice. )
Ulani
Celestial Guardian

Encyclopaedia Botanica

Post by Ulani » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:33 pm

"Every journey begins with the first step" thought Ulani as she paid the book binder for his work. She took the heavy book and carefully stuck it down her bag and went for the stables.

She gave the stableboy a coin to help her up in the mektoub's saddle. Her dear Ambrosio was still eating his straw when she spurred him to set course for Psykopla Knoll.

Ulani Viccio gave the mek some more straw as she sat down on the hill and opened the book's empty pages. She sat looking through the virgin pages bound in leather for several minutes before she took out a quill and some ink from her packing. She dipped the quill two times before she wrote "Encyclopaedia Botanica" in large letters on the first page and let it dry in the soft wind before continuing. For a few hours she worked on the book's structure; foreword, quite a few pages spared for "Intelligent Plants", even made a drawing of a nearby Psykopla. When finished it was already early evening, the Matisian woman stuck the book back in her pack, dried the quill best she could and set course back to his Majesty's town.

http://www.vaguelibrary.com/Encyclopaedia_Botanica/

OOC:
As some know Ulani studies the flora of Atys and now I'll try to get it started finally. Therefore I made the humble Encyclopaedia and will let write. The book will be written IC, from the POV of Ulani; a woman who (still) doesn't doubt Jena's intention and creation, a semi-primitive religious woman with some years nature studies in her tribe, born in exile after the kitin invasion.

BallisticMystix makes wonderful usable maps and charts. The Encyclopaedia on the other hand will probably contain both errors and superstition as she is a bit biased.

Ulani will be grateful for all IC knowledge of the plantlife of Atys

I'll style it a bit nicer soon.

Sxarlet
Carrier of stealth socks

Post by Sxarlet » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:25 pm

Wow!
I love the idea, i can imagine drawings from plants and maps etc in it, as well as studies of the plants etc.

yay for Ulani!

Scarazi
Priest

Post by Scarazi » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:42 am

there are many interesting species out there, i studied them myself once upon a time. Some suprising discoveries i found were in the following regions. Fleeting Garden, Land of Continuity, Loria, Forbidden Depths, Scortched Coridor, and um, i forget the name scribled on signposts as i entered the region but i remember seeing purple mist and hearing moans coming from a mountain whilst in the region.

One plant eluded me during my stay on Atys, i won`t say which, but wish you good travels and safe return.

Ulani
Celestial Guardian

Post by Ulani » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:06 am

Thank you kindly Scarazi. Just what I need. I added the areas to the Encyclopaedia Botanica Notes.