Lost

Here the Guild Muse and members can post their tellings for all to read.

Moderator: Guild Muse

Lone
Magician Apprentice

Lost

Post by Lone » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:31 pm

Lost

Imagine for a time, a single rose petal floating upon the warm summer breeze, imagine the golden rays of sunlight cascading through a canopy of majestic trees, imagine the ocean waves flowing gently over the fiery sands, imagine all the beauty under the heavenly sun, and it would not compare to her, she was an angel, a goddess.
Her skin like silk, hair like velvet fire, her laugh could weaken your very heart, she was my love, my soul, my life, and as she lay in my arms, I was in heaven, as she took her dying breath my heart dissolved, devoid of all hope I lay in cool sand, no longer a man, no longer capable of rational thought, a mere slave to my emotions, joy, happiness, serenity, they had become strangers to me, rage, anger, fury, had become my burden, I had become a beast, a mere shell of a man.

They would pay for their treachery, they would pay with blood, they would all pay, I would kill them all, I vowed to this as I cast off my former gods, I burnt the very temple, which had been a home to us for so long, they had abandoned me, and now I did the same. I had waged wars in the name of our gods, I had done the unthinkable in there name, I had fought for them for many years, always with unwavering faith, and this was my reward, they had failed me, I had prayed to them for her life, I had never before asked anything of them, and yet they refused to answer my prayers.

I left the village that very eve, I left with nothing. Flames still burned on the horizon, the temple would burn for days to come, the gods would see to that, I had angered them, and for this I felt a moments solace, and then it was gone, leaving only rage behind. I had a long journey ahead of me. Many years had passed since I lay down my sword, I had to find it, I had to find the man who now carried it in my honour, he was but a boy when I saw him last, his name now dead to me, I would not honour the name given by the temple, but still he was my friend, my student.

I travelled for many moons before I found him; now a legend of his own making. He and scar had continued their journeys long after I found my place with her; I never expected to see them again. He would have fought with me if I only asked, but I didn’t expect to live much longer, and he was still young in my eyes. I never told him why I needed my sword once more, but he knew, he could see it my eyes, the deepest of sorrow had taken a hold of my very being, but I would not succumb to it.

I left them there, the same hour I had arrived, we had barely spoken, but my mind was known to him. The armour I now wore looked as knightly as the day I acquired it, but to me it was nothing more than a dull gold, the sword of kings now a mere rusted blade in my eyes, even the beauty of the flames it carried eluded me, I carried no food nor water, he knew I had no intention to return and that he couldn’t stop me, words were hollow and meaningless to me, I was but a beast, nothing more.

I was driven by revenge alone, I would find them, they made camp among the northern sand dunes, it was two day journey from here, and although the path was littered with the worst of beasts, they let me be. I had travelled this road before and the behaviour of these creatures was not as it should have been, it was a treacherous path for men to take, but these savage creatures treated me as one of their own. Had I really fallen so far, I didn’t care, I couldn’t see her face any longer, and my last shred of compassion had died with that image.

I found the camp early on the third morning, the sun betrayed me as it began to rise, I kept out of sight, hidden behind the neighbouring dunes, and watched them. I didn’t expect what I found, it was not a mere bandit camp, they were settlers, women and children lived among them. These people I battled for decades to protect had done this to me, they had taken everything from me, I didn’t know why and I didn’t care, they would pay, they would bleed for what they had done. My magic was unrivalled in these lands, no man could even dream of such power, and on this day it was mine no longer, it would serve one last purpose, it would serve to destroy this world, and as I channelled my life’s essence into the most devastating magic I could control, I darkened the skies.

Shadows took place in the heavens, whirling and spiralling around the skies as though they had life within them, the sun was obscured, it would rise no more, I had made way for the everlasting night, but it wasn’t enough, the skies would grow darker with time until the stars and the moon can be remembered by no man, I couldn’t stop it now even if I chose to, the magic was no longer mine to control and I had given birth the most devastatingly evil creature imaginable.

They would all die with time, everything would die now, I had seen to that, but the settlers before me were not deserving of a painless end, and as they slept, I walked among them, waking them one by one, to show them the face of death, before my sword arm brought their end. I left none alive, even the women and children amongst them had felt my pain, yet as I left the camp in my wake, I did not feel comforted by my actions, what had I become. I lived among the greatest of heroes in these lands, only to become the worst of evils.

On the distant sand, I saw something, a figure of bright white, surrounded by a shroud of violet light, it was her, I could see her face again in my dreams, and she smiled before I woke to chaos I had caused. I found myself in that moment, the beast within me tamed by her beauty, what had I done, revenge was just, but to condemn a world for the action of so few, what had I done…

-Lone
:: Reality is an Illusion caused by Lack of alcohol ::

Ish

Post by Ish » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:35 pm

I remember the time when you had been gone for a long while.....I thought I would never see you again, and that the times we had together would only live on as memories in my mind....
But then, suddenly you were back again...

As many times before we euipped with our best armors and swords.
Armors of a unique quality and strength, only worn by a handful of people on atys.
We also had the sharpest and most shiniest swords ever seen on the face of atys at that time....Made by our loved friend and companion, Scar.

We were fighting side-by-side for days....Just as so many times before.
Guess we never spoke much when we were fighting....there was no need to....After so many years together we always knew where we had each other....Always knew the other ones next moves...like a perfect team working together.
Still, fewer words than normal were spoken these days.
Something was in the air, something was not like it used to be....I could feel it, and I could see it in the eyes of my friend.

And as suddenly as you had returned, you were gone again, my friend.

That was the last time a saw you.....On that hill in the north-east part of the jungle.
A great loss for me, something that i could not get over, something that changed me for the rest of my days on atys.
From that day I laid down my sword, and it was rarely seen used ever after.

My last days I used mostly to teach the skill of crafting armors...
I found shelter with some of the finest people I've met on my journeys on this planet.... And I had a lot of great moments with them...even tho, it would never substitute the times we had together.

In my last days, there were a lot of changes on our planet....new times were coming...changes of a totally different nature than i could accept to live with.
Many of my friends I lost either to their belivings in another faction, or them falling on the battlefields of the new lands.

This was just to much for an old man to deal with, so he found a peaceful spot in the underground of their planet to get his final rest.
His soul is still searching for his lost friend from the north, and maybe...maybe one day they can start a new life in a different world....