The tale of Drakfot

Here the Guild Muse and members can post their tellings for all to read.

Moderator: Guild Muse

Drakfot
Guild Muse

The tale of Drakfot

Post by Drakfot » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm

The tale of Drakfot - part 1.

The awakening.

A gentle breeze wandered over her face as she slowly opened her eye towards
the blue sky. What was that? she wondered. What happened ans where am I?.
And what was that voice in her dream telling her ?. "Come my child, I shall protect you" was it not those words?.
As she sat up the strong light from the sun hit her eyes and blinded her.
While her eyes were closed she slowly started to hear all the little noises
around her, footsteps, the sounds of water and the squeaking of windmills. After a little while she opened her eyes, and she could not belive what she saw.

All around her there was people walking around, doing errands, talking or was just in a hurry to get somewhere. Where am I? she thought to herself. When she turned around to see what was behind her she saw a circular wooden building with open holes leading inside. She was sitting just outside it.

How are you my friend? A voice from somewhere said to her.
What?. As she turned back there was a friendly face smiling towards her.
Who are you? she asked without even thinking of what to do.
I am the Welcomer here in Aubermoth, my name is Ba'Gan Brermen.
Aubermouth? she asked wondering. Yes this place carries that name indeed , Ba'Gan answered. It is an holdout for young Trykers that wants to ready themselves for the adventures of their forthcoming life. Young people that seeks adventure, challanges and even to risk their own lifes come here for The Beginning.
Aubermoth?! she asked, interrupting Ba'Gan.
Yes, that is where you are my friend. How did you get here ? As I turned around I saw you lying there.
I do not know she says. She tries to stand up but feels a bit weak. As she tubmles forward Ba'Gan quickly helps her standing up steady.

So what is your name fellow Tryker? Ba'Gan asks her.
Drakfot she answers without thinking, it is more as an reflex.
Ah I see, welcome Drakfot Ba'Gan says with a smile. May your days here be as lovely as the breeze and as calm as the waters. If there is anything you wishes to know please come and talk to me. I will be around here somewhere. Please exsuse me as I have matters to attend to. If you wishes to explore the lands around here the bridge is that way Ba'Gan said pointing towards the part of the house that seemed to lead to the land.

As Ba'Gan walked away Drakfot stood there for a while, thinkging to herself.
So my name must be Drakfot and I am standing here in Aubermouth the place to be to get ready for The Beginning. That is what Ba'Gan Brermen said right? she thought to herself. As my mind says nothing else so it must be.
But what is this Beginning that was mentioned? How did I get here, and foremost what was that voice I heard just before waking up here in Aubermouth, a place that I have not seen before nor heard of?

As these many questions troubled her mind she said to herself quietly :
Yes I am Drakfot and I am standing here in Aubermouth. I guess that to find out more I must seek this The Beginning.

And she took her first step into this new exiting world knowing nothing but her name, Ba'Gan Brermen and the words of the voice in her mind....
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)
I am but a crafter of words

Drakfot
Guild Muse

Post by Drakfot » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm

The tale of Drakfot - Part 2.

Every journey begins with a step..

As Drakfot took a few stes, yet astounished by the surroundings, she turned around once more towards the round treehouse. What was that house, and what was in it?. These questions nagged her mind a bit, then she saw everything else. All the people running around, talking or just working. Some were screaming to other a few meters away other carried kegs och bags. All seemed to work together, but yet on their own. When se looke at the house more closely Drakfot discovered that it was located on water, floating softly. Looking around a bit more she saw that there were people standing beneath signs of tools, weapons and armours.
"These must be merchants of some kind" she thought to herself. "Perhaps I should ask them a bit about where I am.." just as she had this thought she stepped into the sand at the end of the bridge.

"Remember the words she said and you wll be safe child" a strange voice said. This was no ordinary voice, it sounded scrambles somehiw. But yet so clear and understandable. When she tunred around to see from where it orienated she saw something she was not prepared to see. Before her stood a tall lady in a black dress, but it was not an ordinary dress. It was black, strange it looked as it coud easilly bend of the attacks of arrows and even bullets. Yet it seemed soft and light and even cold despite its color.

"Wh.. who are you?" was the olny words she could say in this moment of suprise.

"Fear not my child, for I am a guardian of The Karavan. Whorshippers of Jena and the light for Homins when darkness surrounds. I am here to give you guidance when you have lost your path, and to give answers that you seek."

"What?" this did not make much sense to Drakfot at the moment. What did the lady in black just say, what did she mean?. Even more questions swirled in her mind now. Was this a part of the new Beginning ?.

"I see that you are in doubt my child. You are confused for there are many new things here for you that you know so little of. Go seek a welcomer in the town of Aubermouth and they shall give you guidance on how to learn and how to walk firmly on this land. When you feel that your mind is set to continue the journey, then do come and see me." The lady in black said with her gentle voice.

"This I shall do my fair lady" Drakfot replied still confused but a bit more settled.

"A welcomer, I do know of one" she thought to herself. But yet firs I want to get a look of the surroundings of this new home of mine.

A few steps later she was close to a campfire surrounded by some Homins that seemed to mind their own buisnesses. Yet there was something in their eyes that made them dtermined to do this.

"Hey, you! Yes you there by the fire. Do you have some fine mats to sell me? or some things dropped from the animals around here? If you do then let me know okay". Said a Homin standing close to the fire before quickly turning around to a customer that stood by the side.

"Ehm... yes.. that I will do.." Drakfot replied knowing that she was no heard.

Another quick sweep around the area told her that it was nothing that could be a direct danger, the guards patrolled the beach and the Lady in Black stood faithfully where Drakfot left her. "Perhaps some exploration should suit me then." She thought to herself and away she walked.
After a few minutes of walking she saw some small animals, not more than 30 cm high. They had a short squekish sound and they seemed to take intereste in her. She sat down on her knees to show them that she ment no harm.
After a few minutes of walking around her and carefullt looking at her one of the animals took some steps towards her. She took a samml bit of bread that she had in her bag and extended towards the little creature while saying "Here take this". All this she did in a too fast movement for the animal to comprehend as it quickly took a few steps backward and laid its ears backwards while staring at her a bit afraid. "Oh I am so sorry" she said and tossed the bread a bit in front of her so that the animal would reach it without having to be too close to her. But now the animal was on its gueards as both it and its friends looke on her with sharper eyes and was more careful now.

"Come here I mean no harm to you my friend" Drakfot said with a calm voice.

As if the animal understood what she said it gathered up some courage and gently crawled towards the piece of bread on the ground. Gently and careful it walked to it, sniffed on it a little and then gave it a careful bite. After some short chewing it grabbed the whole bite and ran back to its friends. Drakfot smiled a little as she watched them eat and fight of the lump of bread. This was enought for now she thought. She stood up and turned in another direction to see what secrets may lie there. After a few steps she heard a famililar sound just behind her. When she looked over her shoulder she was the little animal that had taken the bread standing there, waving its little tail and ears straight towards the sky. It was looking at her with eyes of one that has a wish. She fell to her knees and said softly : "I am sorry but there is no more bread for you for now. It is almost nothing left and I need that to get myself going."
All of a sudden the animal ran to her, she was a bit startled, and then it put its head in her lap. Gently she let her hand pass over its head and along its back. it fell on its stomach and gave off a sound of well being.

Drakfot had met her first Yubo.

After a while she said : "Well now I must continue to seek the area, the night is forthcomming and I need a place where I can rest." As she stood up the Yubo also stood up and stretched its body, gave her a look and a small bark and then ran off to its friends that was a bit away.

Drakfot turned around and walked forward. After a little while she was closer to a lake that she had seen in the far distant. Perhaps this place held some information that could be useful. It was then all went black...

It seemed as time itself stood still, where was she now? All that she could see was the beach close to the water that she had seen before the darkness. But still, where was she, how was she? She saw that the animals around her was oving as usual, but yet she could not move herself. And still she was there, did they not notice her lying there?. It was then she saw what has attacked her just before the darkness.
It was a large thing with giant claws that clapped at her and eye that peeked towards her as it was loooking for more to attack. But after a time it suddenly lost its interest in her and moved away.
But yet, how was she now, how was shw supposed to get away from this state that she was in?. This could only time tell, and it was running out..

It was all as a blurr, a constant ray of light that was flowing towards her. It as as she was floating yet streaming towards the center of the ray. She could not do anything to stop this motion. Nothing, she was not more, she had no power. What was she?

"Your time has not come my child, I shall protect you. I shall grant you another chance." This was the voice from her dream, this was the voice she had heard just before she had woken up. Then she woke up again. But this time she was at the sands at the end of the bridge. She was there, but this was not the place she had felt the darkness.

"I see that Jena has taken you here dear Homin" the voice of The lady in Black said. "Do not worry about the darkness, it will not get its hands on you.". This time the voice held great comfort to Drakfot's heart.

"My thanks" was all that she could say for now.

Somehow she had gained knowledge about the feelings she just had. She was not afraid anymore. She knew what had to be done, and partly how it should be done.
She once more walked over the bridge towards the round house. This time, her steps was determined, she could not be stopped for her mind was once more made up.

"My name is Drakfot, I am here to seek The new Beginning. And to do this i mus speak to Ba'Gan Brermen". This was the thoughts of her mind, this was her decision and destiny. This was what she now was.
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)

Drakfot
Guild Muse

Post by Drakfot » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:45 pm

The tale of Drakfot - Part 3.

Stand firm and you shall prevail

As her mind was full of thoughts Drakfot walked toward the round house that she had learned to know by now in her search for Ba'Gan Brermen to seek knowledge on how to evolve. It seemed as things had taken a turn into something that she could not grasp, was there something else that she had not noticed yet?

"Exscuse me, I am looking Ba'Gan Brermen might he be around?" She asked a tall Tryker.

"Hello Homin, I do not recognize your face from anywhere, are you new here in Aubermouth perhaps?" He replied in a manner of courtesy.

"Yes I have recently ..... woken up here..." Drakfot answered a bit thoughtful.

"Then I understand why you seek old Brermen, he is a good man and a respected tutor. I shall see if I cannot find him here somewhere. A teacher cannot let his students wait now can he" The tall Tryker said with a smile. He bowed and quickly ran off behind the house.

"But.." was the only word Drakfot could say before she heard a familiar voice.

"Ah dear Drakfot I see that you had some adventures here in Aubermouth. How are you now, do you feel a bit setteled in yet ?" Ba'Gan asked.

"Well, many things has happened since we last met. Things I cannot explain." Drakfot said.

"Then once more I welcome you to Aubermouth for you have only started to find out about the mysteries here on Atys. Many new adventures, be they big be they small, awaits you from now on." Ba'Gan said proudly. "But now then, I take it that your mind is set on a journey that is why you have come to see me again right?"

"Yes, my mind is set on to learn about Atys and all upon it. I wish to evolve." she replied firmly.

"Well then I have some tasks for you and I shall also introduce you to some of my friends in this house" Brermen said while pointing towards the round house. "They are trainers in the art of survival, fight, harvest and crafting and they will help you out while you are here to prepare." Ba'Gan said while extending a hand to Drakfot. "Now come with me my friend, the future awaits"

"The basics are quite simple Drakfot. You evolve as you try. If you go out and fight the foul anmials that roams this lands be it with your hands, daggers, sword or magic you will gain knowledge about it. Sadly since the Kitins struck upon us this is a necessary step for all Homins that comes to Aubermouth to be able to defend themself. And when they are good enough they will defend others."

"So I evolve as I fight" Drakfot said quietly..

"Yes, that is correct" Ba'Gan said. "Now I have some tasks for you to help me with"

As the feeling of time standing still it now changed into days, days that became months and months grew into years.
As Drakfot was on one of her mission to bring some cloth to a friend of Ba'Gan she ran past a Guard of the Karavan.

"This is not all, there is more. seek it out" Drakfot heard just as she passed by.

"What, what did you say my friend?" Drakfot asked the guard. But the guard only stood there looking around, watching. Was it not the guard that said this to her just now? Or was it.

These words brought some thoughts into Drakfots mind as she went on with her journey to ba'Gan's friend. Later that day as she was on her way back she stopped by a small lake. There she sat down and just looked around. The animals that surrounded the lake took no notice of her as they had got used to her running around between the cities or fighting the Goaris and Cloppers when they were attacking Yubos. As she looked at what she had seen for a while shou could notice that there was something more, not just the ordinary.

"I need to ask Ba'Gan about this" she said to herself.

And so she stood up and started to walk towards Aubermouth.

As she arrived to Aubermouth she could see that there was something different about the town. It was still as beautiful as before, no it was even more beautiful than before. The sun was falling behind the mountains while washing Aubermouth in rays of light bringing forward details not seen before. The town was alive, alive and pulsating.
When she reached the bridge over the water she saw Ba'Gan standing and talking to a female merchant. Drakfot smiled a little as she knew of his feelings for this merchant. Then she new what to do. She turned around and ran towards the large lake just outside the town. She had seen flowers growing there among the fiercer of the animals. Flowers that was so beautiful. She swam a bit through the water and as she reached the spot she quickly ran up onto the beach and started to cast a spell on the Clopper that was in her way. She knew that she had to be quick for there were many cloppers around. This is why none seldom went to this spot. As the clopper staggered around and finally fell Drakfot made a fast runt towards one of the larger of the flowers. Gently she picked it and then headed off towards Aubermouth again.

When she returned she saw Ba'Gan sitting on the steps to the round house enjoying the last rays of sun for this day. He was smiling, not only his face was, but the the entire him shined out in a big smile of happiness.

"So you had a good conversation today Ba'Gan?" Drakfot asked gently.

"Oh hi Drakfot, I didnt notice that you was approaching. Yes it was fine indeed. no it was more than fine, wonderful yes." He replied and Drakfot could see the joy he felt. It was hard to miss it. For this is how Ba'Gan Brermen was.

"Well I have a question Ba'Gan" Drakfot said. "When I was running to your friend with the cloth you asked me to I think I heard.."

"You heard a voice didnt you Drakfot" Ba'Gan filled in her sentence. "You heard that there was more that this, more that the eye could grasp and that you should now turn to seek that out." Ba'Gan said and Drakfot could sense a small disappointement in his voice.

"Yes kind of that" she replied worried that she might had upset him.

"Drakfot, my dear friend Drakfot. You have been here for a while now and you have grown from a frigtened Tryerette to a fine young woman capable of handeling herself. You have gained knowledge and wisdom as you were supposed to". Ba'Gan said and stood up in front of her, looking at her.

"In time, every now and then, you face decitions you must make. This is one of those times Drakfot. You must now decide if you want to learn more of if you are afraid that you still are to weak to travel further. There is no shame in accepting ones weakness, it is the first step to turn it into strength. If you ask me, you are ready, as ready you can be for now." Ba'Gan said still looking at her.

"Yes, I feel that I must find out what is beyound Aubermouth, the voice told me what i have felt for a time. I will do this" Drakfot replied

"Then you should go and talk to the Karavan that resides just straight from the bridge near the large pillar. You have probably seen them before on your journies around. They will tell you what you need to know and what to do to continue." he said. "Now go, the future is still waiting for you, dont let it run past you." Ba'Gan was once again smiling.

"I shall do this, but first I want to give you something, something that I am certain that you know how to make use of" She said and extended the flower that she had hidden behind her back.

"Oh , isnt that a Nimone flower?" Ba'Gan said a bit suprised.

"Yes it is" Drakfot replied. "And I think kyou know where it belongs" she said while turning around and running towards the beach. When she reached the end of the bridge she turned around one last time towards him and shouted "Thank you for everything my friend, Thank you".

And so she turned around heading for the pillar and the Karavan.

Let the adventures begin.....
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)

Drakfot
Guild Muse

Post by Drakfot » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:45 pm

The tale of Drakfot Part 4.

Let there be light.

As Drakfot closed in on the Karavan guards and their altar as she had been
instructed to she saw that one of the Guards was not dressed alike the others.
The other guards stood around her and a machine that was hovering a few meters
above the ground. It sent light down from small holes in it. One of the lights
almost shed straight into Drakfot's eye and she turned away as she felt as it
almost burned in her eyes.

"Beware the light dear Homin, it be there for wanderers to see at a long
distance." The woman in the different clothing said. The clothes she wore was
shining more that the others, it had more light that the others. It seemed to be
made of another type of clothing, smooth yet hard when needed.

"I see that you have come to me to travel the distance that lies beyound my
friend." she said calmly. "Do you know what this take of you to make this
travel?"

"yes I know what I must leave behind me, I know what must be done for this
travel." Drakfot replied and as in an instant it was as she had grown even more.

"Then my child, step closer to me and close your eyes." The woman said.

As Drakfot got closer the woman removed one of her gloves revealing her hand. It
was whit but not pale. It looked to be soft and kind. As Drakfot was beside the
woman she laid her hand on Drakfot's head and in that moment a light appeared in
the mind of her. A light that was so bright still it did not harm her. It
embraced her, she floated in it.

"My child you have come far and shall now go even furhter. I shall watch over
you and hold you. You are never alone." That voice, it was the same voice from
her dream. Was it really true, did she hear it again.

"Who are you?" Drakfot asked.

"Who I am , I am Ba'caussey Aeddan the local messenger here. Who are you?
Anyhow I must get going, got things to fix" A strange voice replied.

Drakfot opened her eyes, where were she. She could not see the Karavan woman
that had put her hand on her head, she did not the she walls of the mountain close
to the place where she had been standing. She did not recognize a thing from
what she remembered. And so she looked around. The greatness of it all astounded
her, she trippled back a few steps and bumped into a Mekotub.

"Gnorff" it said and looked at her, then turned around and ran to its owner.

"Where am I now" Drakfot said to herself. Wondering what had happened the last
minutes and tried to remember it.

"You are in Fairhave, the largest and most wonderful of cities here in
Aeden Aqueous. It is one of the oldest och places for Homins to gather within.
Many faces passes here daily." A guard by the bridge said. "You are most welcome
my friend. I see that your face is new here. If there is anything you wonder of
there are plenty of people here to help you." He added.

"Fairhaven" Drakfot said. "This town I have heard of many times. So this is the
place she choosed for me".

"I must go on with my duties my friend. You can find Be'Daris Aeddan over there,
she knows answers to your questions. Farewell." The guard said and started his
patrol along the beach.

There where many thoughts in Drakfots mind at the moment. The local messenger
that she did not get the chance to see, a Mekotub that she bumped into and the
guard that told her where to start. Yet she did not have the urge to start right
away. She wanted to explore these new lands. The place that she had spent the
last few months struggle to reach. She wanted to see it with her own eyes.
The city was vast indeed. It had many houses floating in the water everyone
connected to eachother by long bridges.
Quickly she ran across the bridge and stopped at Fairmarket Fork. She looked
around and noticed that in the middle there was a bar, as it was day it was
almost empty. And around stood merchants showing their goods and doing buisness
with the local people. Oh this was all so new for Drakfot and she could not wait
to explore it all.

She ran across Bell Lane and stopped at the platform where she could see people
teaching skills to others and hairdressers and tatoomakers. This was really a
town of wonders. She ran further back through Fairmarket Fork and conntinued on
the other bridge. There was soo much to see. She stopped at the Council Chamber
Square for a little while. All the voices all the unknown faces finally got to
her mind. she stumbled a bit and sat down on her knees.

"I am all alone again, here in Fairhaven. I knew what I had to leave for this
joruney. And it is all so fantastic here. But still I am alone again." She
thouight to herself as she slowly got up and started to walk towards the bridge
that led to the beach.

After a few minutes she was back on the back where sha had arrived the first
time. This time she headed for a hill that was close by the town.

"Geeiishhh, gheeiiish" a sound came from her left. A strange kind of animal
stood there looking at her with wonder. What was that animal and was it
dangerous?. "Geeiisshh" it said and moved closer to her, she stood there still
thinking not to move to hasty. As it came closer it started to sniff at her. it
walked around her, then it got something in its eyes and started to sniff more
repeated and started to push Drakfot in her side by her pocket. It had found her
bag with bread.

"ahah stop that, it tickles" She said laughing and smiling."Here take a little
piece, its not much but it is what I can spare."

The animal took the bread, chewed it and then it leaned towards Drakfot for her
to pet it. She clapped its body and let her hand walk along its neck to its
head. "geeiiish" the animal said and then took off.

"I see that you have made friends with the local animal fauna" A voice from
somewhere said. "Are you new here my friend?" it asked her.

"Yes I came here about a few hours ago, its all so new to me." Drakfot replied
and turned around. There stood a Tryker man.

"My name is Memorx, nice to make you acquaintance Drakfot." He said with a
gentle voice and smile. "Is there anything I can help you with perhaps?"

"Oh its nice to meet you to Memorx. For now I am set to explore the surroundings
of this new place. But I shall have your offer in mind and I hope to meet you
many times." Drakfot said happily, she had made her first new friend in
Fairhaven. She bowed to Memorx and then continued up the hill.

When she almost reached the top she saw a strange thing float in the sky, it
spun around and around while sending little sparkles down to the ground. Below
it there stood a small little creature that made random noices. At its side it
had two huge strangelooking animals that appeared to be its bodyguards. Drakfot
took a right and ended upp on a cliff with a winderful view.
From the cliff she could see all of Fairhaven, how it stretched out in the
distance, reaching from water to mountains to even the sky itself. Then she
noticed something in the sky that she had not thought of before. there in the
sky there were like giant pillars that stretched through the sky and all over
the land. It was marvelous and wonderful. As the sun began to set behind the
mountains adn the bright light faded into a calm light welcomening the night
Drakfot sat there watching Fairhaven.

Suddenly she felt something pressing against her side. When she looked for what
it was she saw that a Yubo had taken rest by her side. It lied there sleeping
deep already, making funny little noices and sometimes it moved like it was
running across a meadow in joy. There she sat,, on a cliff close to Fairhaven
accompanied by a sleeping yubo and the memory of her first meeting.

"Finally I have reached Fairhaven." She said to herself and the sleeping Yubo.
"I have the feeling that this will be my home and so I shall make it."

"yeisch" the Yubo said as it rolled over to sleep...
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)

Drakfot
Guild Muse

Post by Drakfot » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:46 pm

The tale of Drakfot part 5.

Open eye sees the truth.

As the morning sun let its light fly over Farihaven Drakfot woke up as stared at
the town. She gently rubbed her eyes and stretched her body after the long and
good sleep. The Yubo still lied there next to her sleeping. She slowly and
quietly moved away from it so that she should not wake it.

Another exiting day was waiting for her now. Today she should try and scout out
the areas around Fairhaven to see what she could find. She stood up and looked
around, the strange creatures below the spinning thing was still there. Messabs
roamed around close by and there was even some bird that flew here and there
looking for something to eat. Yubos ran around playing, eating or just looking.
Drakfot realized that she had almost no food left in her bag.

"Perhaps I should ask someone in the town what to do" She thought to herself and
started walking towards the road that led down from the hill.

When she arrived she looked around a bit confused but the tought of whom to ask.
She took some steps forward and peeked into the armours shop for someone to ask.
But she did not know who to ask.

"Hello there, you look like you could use some brand new medium armour my
friend, step right up and I will see what I have in store. I might have just the
right thing for you." A girl said from the far end of the shop. "My name is
Mac'Cautty Brammy, the medium armour merchant here."

"Ehm, well your armours are really nice. But I do not have any dappers to pay
with. It was kind of why I came here, to see if there is anything I can do about
it." Drakfot replied a bit ashamed.

"There is no worries to that my friend. Just ask O'Darghan Garmer, she usually
is just up ahead at the bar. She will most likely pay you for your services."
Mac'Cautty said. "When you have some dappers just come back and see me" she
added with a smile.

"That I will" Drakfot replied and turned around heading for the bar close by.

As she took the first steps on thee small stairs that led to the bar area she
thought about that she had never been to such a place before. What would happen
once she got there. As she was thinking this she did not see that the stairs had
ended and she prepared to take another step upwards stairs. She was suprised
when there was no stair left and she fell forward.

"Look out there missy" She heard as she felt that someone grabbed her and helped
her to get back on her feets again.

"Oh thank you, I was somewhere else in mind. My name is Drakfot." She said
feeling even more ashamed now but still she smiled towards the man that had
prevented her from falling.

"I noticed that, my name is Ba'Naer Liffan. Im the owner of this bar, the best
one in Fairhaven and around." He said proudly and with a smile that ensured
Drakfot that she was on a safe place.

"I am looking for O'Darghan Garmer, she is supposed to be around here
somewhere." Drakfot asked Liffan.

"Oh you mean Corporal Garmer. yes its that fine lady over there." Liffan reliped
while poionting at a woman a bit further away. "If you are going to talk to her,
please bring her this drink and tell her its from me."

"Thank you, I will do that, and once more thank you for saving me." Drakfot said
to Liffan as she walked away towards where Garmer was.

"Hello my friend, my name is Drakfot. I was supposed to give you this drink."
She said and handed over the drink.

"Who gave you this drink" Garmer replied supiciously.

"Ba'Naer Liffan, he said it was for you..." Drakfot replied silently.

"Oh , Im so sorry. Its just that these days are hard for us all. We always have
to be alert to stay alive. And well, it wears us all out. I am sorry for the
hard voice I gave you my friend. Well is there anything I can do for you?"
Garmer said while taking a small zip from the drink.

"Well I was sent here by Mac'Cautty Brammy, she told me that you might help me
out earning some dappers for food and so." Drakfot replied now feeling better
that it was not as bad as she thought it would be.

"Well, I have got news that the cloppers and goaris are making trouble nearby,
we really need to see that they do not disturb us too much." Garmer said.

"I can do that, I think." Drakfot replied quick.

"Ok then, go and see that there are not too many cloppers running around on Kami
Hill close by and I will give you some dappers for food and clothes. Ok?" Garmer
said to Drakfot.

"I will do my best!" Drakfot replied and turned around.

As she was running towards the hill she came from this morning she felt happy
that she had started to know the little of Fairhaven that she had seen so far,
and that she had met some really nice people. As she got to the top of the hill
she located a clopper and picked out her sword that she had brought from
Aubermouth. It was not the best sword but it was all that she had as weapon.
She charged towards the clopper and attacked. It was a bit supried by her attack
but it answered with fierce strikes with its claws. Drakfot dogded the claws as
good as she could but could not avoid getting hit. After some time the clopper
fell and Drakfot stood there, barly able to stand on her legs.

"I think I can make some use of these." she thought as she picked up some of the
things that the clopper had dropped or that had been chopped off by her sword.

Drakfot then sat down to regain strength for the next battle. As she sat down a
gentle breeze flew by and she took a deep breath enjoying the fresh air. She did
not notice the Goari behind her that had starting to run towards her.
In a sudden she was back in the light, the ray that had held her before. This
time she could not hear the voice she heard before at once. She was just
floating somehow. After a few seconds she thought that she heard someone saying
something far away..

"r ou oay.....hel are you ok? Oh i guess not. no worries I will help you." a
voice said, at first it was distant then it came closer, or at least it sounded
as it did.

Suddenly Drakfot opened her eyes again and sat up. There were small rays of blue
light that flied around here and she felt how she got stronger again. She looked
around to see whom the source of this was, yet she could not see anyone.

"Hello, who are you. and how did...." Was all she could say before she noticed a
Homins that waved at her smiling and then turned around to quickly disappear
down the road on the other side of the hill.

The thoughts grinded in Drakfots head. How was that possible, why didnt she hear
the voice calling her back this time? And how could she been rescued by that
Homin. She thought of this a little while batteling some more cloppers. She was
more careful this time when she sat to rest. After an hour she had gathered many
parts and pieces that was dropped by the cloppers. She did not know how or what
to do with them yet, but she knew that they could come to use somehow.

When she was att full strength again she ran back down towards Fairhaven and the
bar, Garmer was most likely still there. As she ran by the merchant someone
shouted after her.

"Hey , do you need all those things you are carrying ? I could buy some of them
, if they are for sale that is." The man asked her.

"Well I do need dappers for food, and I am not certain on how to use these or
what to make of them yet. So I guess that I can sell them." Drakfot replied and
handed over them to the merchant.

A few minutes later Drakfot had used the dappers for some more food and left the
shop with a new shining armour. Still the thoughts of what that Homin did nagged
her mind, she decided to ask O'Darghan abou it.

"Here are your dappers Drakfot, you did a good job for being the first time."
Garmer said.

"I was wondering, i was attacked from behind and was floating somewhere and in
something. Then I heard a voice and all of a sudden I could open my eyes again
as if it were like waking up from sleep. What was that ?" Drakfot said while
looking askingly at Garmer.

"That my friend is called 'healing' and any Homin can do it. All you need to do
is to ask a magician trainer and they will help you out. There are some trainers
down that bridge." Garmer said and pointed towards Council Chamber Square. "Just
ask for Be'Riplan Artan and she will teach you how to do that."

Drakfot quickly ran towards the square. If this was something that every Homin
could learn and it could be of help she was to learn it. And to be as good at it
as she could. When she arrived at the swaure she looked around a bit and turned
to the left walking towards a girl in blonde hari.

"Hi I am looking for Be'Riplan Artan, I wish to learn the art of healing."
Drakfot said enthusiasticly and almost jumped up and down.

"Well then you have come to the right place, it is mee Be'Riplan you are looking
for and I shall teach you howw to heal your fellow friends and Homins." Artan
said and began giving instructions on how to do.

After a little while Drakfot tried it and she managed to sucessfully cast it on
Artan.

"Good, you will do better over time my friend, practice long and hard and you
will do better and better." Artan said and then started talking to another
Homins that just arrived.

"Oh this is lovely. I can help anyone that need it." Drakfot thought to herself
as she walked away.

She took her steps towards the brdige close to Kami Hill, for she thought that
she should see if there was someone there that might needed her assistance. As
she came closer to the stables just outbound the bridge she noticed that there
was many Homins that had gathered at there. Everyone was talking and seemed to
be a bit exited about something.

"Exscuse me, but what be this about. Why have so many gathered here? " Drakfot
asked a man stading close.

"Have you not heard, there is a trip going on. We are gathering so many we can
to travel throgh Atys and to reach other lands where many of us have not been
before. Why dont you join us?" The man answered.

"A chance to see more of this lands and to meet new friends, how can I resist
this offer. I will gladly join you." She replied even more thrilled for now she
got a chance to see Atys and perhaps make some new friends.

And so Drakfot's travel through Atys began....
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)

Drakfot
Guild Muse

Post by Drakfot » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:46 pm

The tale of Drakfot - Part 6.

Wherever you turn, there be a smile.

So, it had now come to this point of turn in the passings of Drakfot that
she once more was to journey through things unknown. As she had barely
stepped in the new lands of Atys and recently learned how to, by the touch
of the soul, heal other Homins. She had come so far since that day she
decided to leave Aubermouth, since she last saw Ba'Gan Brermen.

"I wonder how he is now that fella, most likely up over his head in love
nd all busy with teaching his knowledge to newly awakened" Drakfot thought
to herself as she stared of in the distance.

"Will someone please get this confused Mekotub out of here, where is the
respective owner?" A man shouted over the crowd that has gatehered by the
stables of Fairhaven.

"Sorry, im so sorry. I was just to sell some of my craftings and in return
getting some new armour. I know that I should have fixed that Shooki leash
some time ago. I am sorry, but old Frigg often gets his way loose, but
always returns back to me. Thank you" All these words came from a Homin
than came running from the bridge to Fairhaven while strapping on his new
armour. Drakfot noticed that he had rather dirty pants on, in fact his entire
suite was rather dirty.

"Dont worry about him, he is a good harvester and a fine friend. He will
look after his Mekotub." A friendly voice said from behind. Drakfot knew of
this voice.

"Memorx, is that you?" She asked as she turned towards where the sound came
from.

"Yes, it is me Drakfot, how are you doing these days ?" He replied.

"Well, there is so much that has happened since we last met, I do not even
know where to start telling you." Drakfot said eagerly.

"Well, there will be time for that, it seems as the travel is about to start
now, I must seek my team to get in order for our travel. We shall not travel
far apart Drakfot." Memorx said and ran off into the crowd of people.

"Bu... be careful Memorx" was all that Drakfot could say before he was gone.

All of a sudden she felt a tapping on her shoulder.

"Hey there, you seem a bit alone and out of order. Are you in a team ?"
A trykerette asked her.

"Well... ehm, no I am not. It seems as I just got here and I do not know
what be going on." Drakfot said realizing that she had not got the entire
grasp of the doings here.

"You want to join my team ? It would be fun and we will help you." The
trykerette said while blossoming up in a big smile.

When Drakfot looked at the young lady offering her a place with some of her
friends and the smile, she knew that this was a nice lady. She could not
refuse such an offer from such a nice person.

"Yes thank you, it would be an honour to be travelling with you. My name is
Drakfot." She replied a bit embaressed.

"Great, come with me. My name is Rikka, come come, meet my friends they are
over here." Rikka said while grabbing Drakfot's hand and pulling her away.

As Drakfot met the members of the team she greeted them and they said hi.
They asked her what she would be doing during this trip for there would most
likely be fighting and danger along the way they travel.

"I have learned how to see that Homing regain their strength and I would like
to learn more in the use of this, if... if.... that is alright with you....
my friends.." Drakfot said and stared down into the ground.

"Hey!! Drakfot... you know... we are up here, look here." Rikka said smiling
even more than she did before. "Of course you will heal us, if that is what
you mean, it is always welcome with a hand that cares during battles.
It is what keeps us fighters standing on our two legs my friend. So be it,
your hands shall aid us in battle by giving us strength!.

"hey, you over there, are you done yet with your small talk ? we are about
to leave now, and we are waiting for your little group to get ready."
The man from earlier said, smiling.

"yeh, yeh we are comming, are you afraid that you wont make it without us
eh?" Rikka said laughing. "Follow me team, for now the fun begins."

And so everyone started to move out from the safe place of the stables
in Fairhaven, to where Drakfot did not know. Still she felt safe, she was
among friends. Those that cared for eachother. They all took of in direction
towards the water.

"You are not afraid of water or swimming are you" A Tryker asked her as
he the hit the surface of water. "You know, we Trykers love water" he said
and threw himself into the crystalclear ocean surrounding Fairhaven.

"Oh, water are not a problem for me" Drakfot said as she heaved herself
into the water too, swimming next to the Tryker. Swimming in the water
made her think of Aubermouth, how she took her first swim in the waters
surrounding it. Yes it was fine memories, even though she could not recall
anything before waking up there, she still knew that there were fine,
sometimes hard, times there. She would always remember Aubermouth.

"We are headed towards Avendale, from there we shall port to Lagoons of
Loria. When we get there it will be a tough time, and from there we shall
reach Matis." Another member of the team told Drakfot.

"Loria.... Matis...." Drakfot let these thoughts ponder her mind a few
seconds. "What are these places?" She asked.

"Ah sorry, you are new here. Well fear not, you will be safe, and I promise
you that wonderful things awaits you Drakfot" He replied.

These words made the mind of Drakfot run off a bit thinking on what was
waiting for her at their arrival. After some swimming they all reached
Avendale and gathered by the teleport there.

"Ok Homins, get your TP's here will you, we need to head off soon to make it
in time." The man shouted once more. Drakfot understood why he had to use
such high voice for they were a lot gathered, and he needed to be heard.

"Have you got a TP yet Drakfot?" Rikka asked her.

"Well.,.. ehmm.. no... it seems that... well..." Drakfot was even more
emberassed now than before. She looked on the ground and made circles with
her foot.

"Haha, Drakfot my friend. You dont have enough Dappers have you? "Rikka asked
in a bit teasy way. "Well, that is no problem. You are among friends, and
friends help eachother do they not. Here take this little bunch of Dappers,
it should be enough to get you through this."

"But.. this is far too much, in fact it is even more than I have earned since
I first came here. I cannot accept this much Rikka!" Drakfot replied , still
suprised by the large amount of Dappers that was placed in her hand.

"Hush you, its not that much, and will be enough for now. Dont argue, just
accept it will you. It will come in handy, and I cannot see you standing
there without TP's can I." Rikka said.

"Well then, thank you very much my friend. I shall remember your deed."
Drakfot said while looking at the Dappers. Here she had been for some time,
and she had fought and sold what materials she had gotten from her fighting.
Yet still here comes another Homin and laying such amount of Dappers in her
hands without anything wanted in return. How nice of them.
She ran to the strange looking device that stood close to the water and got
herself a TP.

"Yes, now we move out once again, to the portal and then through the harder
lands of Tryker." The shouting man almost screamed out.

As so they all began to move once more. As they reached the portal, it
astouned Drakfot by far.It was a large , clear white circling thing that
hanged there in the air.. it spinned around and glistened.. and did nothing
more. Then she notices how the others just jumped into it and disappeared.
This scared her a bit, so she stood still.

"I am not sure that I want to do that" She said while staring at the portal.

"Dont worry, you wont have to." Memorx said while giving Drakfot a push
through the portal.

As she landed in the other side she shouted "Memorx..." and then stopped
when she saw that Rikka was looking at her suprised.

"He pushed you through didnt he" she said and smiled as she used to.

"Yuepp, I did. Sorry, but sometimes you have to be convincing. I hope you
dont mind Drakfot" Memorx said as he passed through the portal.
"It was not that bad was it".

"No, it was not." Drakfot said.

"Well, we must move or we'll be left here alone" Rikka said and ran off
with the team. Closely followed by Drakfot and the others.

This was a completely new land for Drakfot, she had never put her foot her
before yet still she could see that this was clearly that this was the
lands of the Trykers. It was hard to say in words, but the feeling of being
home was still wtihin the lands she now walked upon.

"Get it, before it calls its friends" The man shouted in front.

And even before Drakfot had time to react the large animal came striking
towards them.
It was a large creature with sharp claws on its frontal legs. On its head
there were large lumplike things that almost looked a bit like arms. And it
used it all to strike at the Homins standing close to it trying to hit it
with their swords.
Drakfot started to cast her spells of care while they all fought. After a
few minutes the beast fell to the ground and everyone could catch their
breath. But not for long though for the shouting man told them to move, and
to move quickly. As theys struggled on they soon reached a large lake
resident in the middle of the lands of Loria according to what Rikka said.
As they felt the water when they swimmed it seemed as everyone regained
strength and was now eager to continue their journey.

The water took its end and as they all reached the more northeast part of
the lake all gathered up and ran towards the side of the hill. Just some
smaller animals tried to stop them, but they were quickly striked down by
the swordwielding Homins. And after some running they reached another portal.

"This one leads to Matis, the lands of another race. You want me to push you
again" Memorx said with a smile.

"No thank you, I can do it myself, or rahter I have to learned this do I not"
Drakfot said and looked at the portal. Yet she waited until she was the last
one through.
What would it be like ? To throw yourself into this void. It was one thing
not being prepared to enter.. How would it be if I was prepared to walk through
it Drakfot thought, and took a step forward through the portal...

When she came to the other side she heard screams... from all the others..

"Its a tribe, get them.." "fight, keep the healers up..." "everyone focus
on the same enemy and strike them down... so we can run away..."

Drakfot quickly ran towards the screams and she was met by a smaller chaos.
It seems as a local tribe had noticed that they had arrived. And thus
taking actions against their continuence of the trip. But did they expect
such resistance from the Trykers?
Drakfot ran upp to her friends and started casting her heals on everyone
that seemed to need it. It was fierce, it was hard, but after a while,
with lot of damage, they were able to run off, away from the village.
Drakfot came a bit after the group as they ran off away from the village.

This new lands, these surroundings, it all confused Drakfot as she ran.
It was so new, so many new smells, strange animals that roamed. She ran
and ran, as fast as she could. She was so suprised by all this new
fauna and happening that she did not notice the tribemember that followed
her a bit from behind. And she did not notice the branch sticking up
from the ground..

"Die, you unpure being of Matis..." an angered voice said from behind..

Drakfot turned around, the last thing she saw was a man comming
against her with his club raised and anger in his eyes.. she fell
backwards over the branch... then it all became black..

"hey, you there, are you alright? You fell did you know..." A voice
in the distance said..

As Drakfot slowly opened her eyes it was all blurry. She had hit her
head hard during the fall..
She saw a face.. As the contours of the surroundings started to get
shape she saw a face. A face that do not belong here. It was not as
bright as the skin of the man attacking her, yet not as colored as the
Trykers.. it was..strange.. it was beautiful.. she fell into sleep again..

A few minutes later she woke up, her head hurted a bit, but she was fine.

"Oh good youre awake now are you little one. " A voice said, it was the
voice from just a while ago. "It seems as you fell and this ugly one tried
to take advantage of it. Well lets just say that fate, or me, taught him
a good lesson. He wont be bothering us again."

It was first now that Drakfot could get a good look at the one comming to
her rescue.
She was tall, longer than Drakfot, perhaps one and a half times the length
of her. She had an armour that was red as fire, it matched her red hair,
and as she looked at Drakfot , it matched the will in her eyes. Then she
smiled. Looking at her scared Drakfot a bit, but then when she saw her
smiling at her and felt all assured.. She was safe, this Homins had saved her life
from that man following her. This lady, the saviour, was kind and nice.
She had an aura that only those that lives in kindness and harmony can
have. She was special.

"It seems as you have been lost from your friends. You want me to reunite
you with them ?" The lady asked drakfot.

"Yes.. I think i would want that.. It seems as they would miss me, perhaps
feel bad about not seeing to that I was with them all the time for I am
new to all this." drakfot replied, still caught by the kindess in the
lady's voice and the calmness of her smile.

"Well then lets get ourselves moving shall we, no time to waste." She said,
stood up and started to run.

Drakfot followed her but after a few meters of running a question came to
her mind, one that she must ask.

"My name is Drakfot, what be yours?" She said and looked at the lady in
front of her.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Drakfot, my name is Seanchai" the lady of fire
replied...

Closer to unity by the guidance of a smile..
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)

Drakfot
Guild Muse

Post by Drakfot » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:47 pm

The tale of Drakfot part 7

A hand in the darkness.

"Hey there Drakfot, dont scare us like that. Where were you ?" Rikka shouted
as she and a few more came running back towards Drakfot.

"I was attacked and fell, I am sorry for lagging behind so much" Drakfot
replied and gently felt on the back on her head, it still pounded from the
fall.

"I see, sorry that we ran off like that, but we had to make sure that the
tribe had lost interest in us". Rikka replied. "But how did you manage to
survive the attacker, they hit hard and are known to be merciless to Homins
that passes by".

"I was saved by this lady Seanchai here" Drakfot said and turned around.
But there was none there, she was gone. "But she was here just a little
moment ago... I am certain of this".

"Well, you are up and about Drakfot, lets move to the rest of the group,
they are waiting for us now." Rikka said with a smile that removed all doubts.

"Yes, lets do that". Drakfot replied, but before she ran after the other she
turned around and said : "Thank you Seanchai, my saviour and friend. I look
forward to meet you again." then she ran to the others.

As they ran a bit the leader said "Ok, now this place is a maze, so make sure
that you dont get lost in here".

"I can stay in the back and make sure that no one is getting lost again" Rikka
shouted while looking at Drakfot, smiling as usual.

"Great, now lets get moving, we still got many obstacles to surpass before this
travel is over Homins". The leader shouted and moved on, thightly followed by
the other Homins.

It was first now, in the safety of the others, that Drakfot could begin to take
notice of the new surroundings. It was so different from the beaches and shores
of Aeden Aqueous. She noticed that the wind still whispered in the trees, yet it
was different from the playful one of Aeden. This wind was more proud, it moved
along the trees of the forest with such pace , not stopping for anything but its
destination. Yet still it was refreshing and clear. Instead of the palms that she
was used to rest under there was large trees covering the skies and the plants
hade larger leaves and danced in the wind. "So this is Matis lands" Drakfot
thought to herself.

"Alright people, that maze was no big deal was it. Now we are off to a place
called Fleeting Garden, be sure to keep your dappers ready for there is a TP
there. Now this was if you please." the leader said and ran off.

"You know, he said that way Drakfot" Rikka said an pointed towards the others.

Drakfot had been so taken by the new surroundings and impressions that she
had almost been running straight ahead and did not notice the change of
direction.

"Oh yes, sorry I was... amazed by all the new things here" Drakfot said as she
turned to the others and ran up to them.

"Haha, that happends to us all the first times we visit new lands, no worries.
We'll keep you safe and on track my friend" That was the words of Memorx
as he gently clapped Drakfot's shoulder and ran off to the others.

After a little while they reached the Karavan TP in Fleeting Garden as the
leader had said. Drakfot bought herself a ticket, her bag with dappers was
still more than half full, and put it in her bag. She then noticed a small hill
just behind the TP and curiosity took over as she ran up on top of it.
When she got to the top she stopped and jusst gazed at the view. Then she
looked down and alsmot fell over the edge in amazement of how deep it was,
she could barely see the bottom.

"Yes, the view is amazing isnt it, still catches me everytime." The male voice
came from a Homin that had walked up next to Drakfot while she was
admiring the view, she hadnt noticed him until he spoke.

"My name is Crythos, im a member of the same guild as you. nice to meet
you." He said introducing himself and extended his hand.

Drakfot took his hand and shaked it genlty while saying : "Hello my name is
Drakfot, I am new in the guild yes, and have only met Rikka so far.. so I will
have some time to remember you all. Im glad to meet you Crythos".

"Ah I see, well since I did not recognize your face and I heard something
about we getting a new memeber I took the opportuinity to introduce myself
and watch this view" Crythos said while staring into the distant. "well I
guess its time to head back to the others, I heard that it was about time to
leave, which was the real reason for me going up here to you."

"Ok people , here is the route we shall travel towards Den of Fury then we..."
the leader said before Rikka whispered in Drakfots ear "He likes to be like
that, bossy and deciding don't you think" she said while giggling.

"Ehm.. I dont know. I dont know him so I cannot really tell" Drakfot replied.

"hihi" Rikka said.

"then we run along the way, past Charmer's Way, watch out for the high
cliffs there. then we will finally end up in Yrkanis. So then this way" the
leader finished and set off again.

"Yrkanis? " Drakfot asked loudly.

"Yes, that is the capital of Matis." Crythos replied. He was standing beside
Drakfot and Rikka slowly chewing a bit on a straw he had in his mouth.

"shach" a sound came from the ground.

"What was that?" Drakfot asked as she looked down.

There on the ground, not taller than a Yubo, was a small little animal
sitting looking up at her. It had a bid wide nose, small pointy ears that
quickly changed direction to get all noises around. Its torso was robust and
the front legs was a bit longer that the back legs. It sat there and Drakfot
noticed that its little tail was wagging in the grass. It was so cute and as it
looked at Drakfot its little tounge slipped out on the side.

"That is a Frippo, its a nice little animal that roams around here." Crythos
said still cheweing his straw."I think it likes you"

"aaw so cute, but I dont want you to follow me to where dangerous animals
are. Perhaps if I give you a small bit of food and you will be satisfied?"
Drakfot said remembering the littlel Yubo in Fairhaven. She gave the Frippo
a piece of bread and it happily accepted the gift and ran off to the others.

After some running the travelling team had passed the Den of Fury and was
running aside Charmer's Way.

"We are not far away now" Memorx said while runnig past Drakfot and Rikka.
"We are soon in Yrkanis now, lets hurry I want something to drink"

"I look forward to see Yrkanis, it is my first time outside Aeden Aqueous and
I have seen soo many new things that I can hardly remember them all."
Drakfot said
thrilled by all the new things she had learned today.

"Yes, we are soon there, and after the rumble with the tribe before we all look
forward to a little rest and to tend our wounds. Hopefully we will get a nights
rest there too. Perhaps not in the town, but outside it are some lovely places
to camp on." Rikka said, she was still smiling but one could notice in her eyes
that she was tired. Still full of spirit though.

As they ran on the road, taking care of some stray Gingos that caought their
scent, they ran past two smaller towns.

"Are we to go there, into the tows I mean" Drakfot asked.

"I dont think so, but we can always take that tour some time later when this
world travel is over." Rikka said.

"Sounds great, I am so thankful for you all being so kind to me." Drakfot said.
Suddenly a large wall appeared in front of them. It was huge and covered a
large area, Drakfot could hardly see where it begain and where it ended.
It was like it was risen straight from the ground itself.

"What a strange wall comming up from the ground" Drakfot said.

"Yuepp that is the wall surrounding Matis Arena, a place for gladiators and
fighters to meet in combat to test their skills and knowledge." Memorx said.
"Aaannd it also means that Yrkanis is just around the corner.. Oooh I can
smell that Shooki seed Ale from here."

"Oh so we are near now are we ?" Drakfot asked.

"Yes, very near" Crythos said. He had run up next to them now.

As they ran on the road Drakfot noticed that the dangerous animal fauna
decreased and the grass became shorter and soon , there in the distant
she could start to see the contours of a town building up in the distance
and hear the voices of the all Homins in it. They were getting closer and
closer now and the town became bigger and bigger.

Soon she could see the mighty gate of the city called Yrkanis...

The one that is lost will be found by a hand in the darkness.
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)

Drakfot
Guild Muse

Post by Drakfot » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:47 pm

The tale of Drakfot part 8.

Throughout the wild your path is set.

So now they came closer and closer to the gates of Yrkanis. As drakfot looked
around she saw a spinning thing over the left side of the road, close to the
edges of the clif. It looked like the one that was at the till in Fairhaven.
But this one seemed to be placed even further away from the town if compared to
the one in Fairhaven. Yet it stood there, with the Kami sentinels by its side.

"Hail thee Homins" One of the guards at the gate shouted as they came closer.

"Oh.. ehm...what?" Drakfot said suprised as she could not see whom it was that
had shouted it.

"Don't worry, they always greets new travelers like this. Its always amazing
how they seem to remember whom has entered previously and who are new here."
Crythos said as he chewed on the last part of his straw. "I'll thin that I'll
make a quick stop at the weapons salesman and see what guns he has to offer."

As Drakfot came close to the gate she stopped just outside it and looked at the
trees that formed it, the sign that the branched was grown into in the middle
part of it. It was amazing how a tree could grow in such patterns.

"Yiesch, yiesch" A little Yubo that belonged to the herd that roamed around
close to the fence on the left part of the gate. It walked up to Drakfot and
gently pushed her on the ankle with its nose. It was strangely curious, not as
shy as other Yubos usually are.

"Hello there little one, how are you" Drakfot said as she sat down on her knees
next to the Yubo.

The Yubo then all of a sudden stood in its rear legs waving with its fron pawns
towards Drakfot and then landed in her knee looking up at her as its tounge
slipped out and hanged on the side of the mouth and its tail wagged left and
right happily.

"Haha, well with such welcome here to Yrkanis I could not resist to feel at home
can I." Drakfot as she handed the Yubo a large piece of Stinga seed bread. It
quickly grabbed it and ran off to its friends where it shared its food with
everyone.

"Hey Drakfot, we are over at the stables if you want to catch up with us later.
It looks like we are to move out in about 30 Atysian minutes, do don't be late
hihi" Rikka shouted towards Drakfot as she ran through the gates and headed
towards some merchants that was a bit further away. "Have fun, oh and the TP is
over there."

Drakfot slowly walked through the gates of Yrkanis and looked around, she found
that the stables were close to the gate and that some of the more experienced
travelers had already gathered there sitting leaning at the stable and resting.
She walked furhter in and saw a kind of gatheringplace that looked like it was
carved out from a giant tree. Drakfot walked up into it and stood in the middle.

"What beautiful work of Homin hands, they surely are masters of the forest."
She thought to herself as she spun around to look at the town.

Drakfot saw the Karavan TP and walked there to get herself a TP. As she got the
TP she saw a majestic building in the distant. It looked both royal and
majestic, it had an aura that shined through. Yet it was so natural for it to be
there, even if it sttod out a bit among the other buildings it still was a great
part of them.

"yeah that is the meeting hall here in Yrkanis." That was Crythos as he came
walking along the road to the TP. He stopped and got himself a new one, then
started to look around. "If im not misstaken the straws areound here tasts very
well, I was hoping to get a new one before we take off. Ah here we go."

Drakfot stood there and looked at the building for a little while, it was
magnificent indeed. Then she turned around and saw Crythos with his head down
in the grass looking for a fine straw to chew on during the next part of the
trip and she laughed quietly to herself. Such lovely friends she has made sofar.

"Oups, time to go to the stables. The next stop would be Hidden Source and the
portal there. Lets hurry to the Stables shall we." Crythos said now with a new
straw in his mouth.

They walked back to the stables and found that most of their travelling
companions were already there ready to leave for the next land.

"Ok, we are now heading to Hidden Source and we are going through Towerbridge
Way via Psyklopa Knoll, then just passing Tunnel of Woe and up the hill att
Little Mountain. So are we all set and ready ? If so then we are moving out."
The leader of the trip proclaimed.

"Yes , sir boss sir!" Rikka said silently and then giggled.

"Psyklopa Knoll, Towerbridge way and Tunnel of Woe. So many new names I have
heard already. I do look forward to see these places." Drakfot said out loud.

"Yeah, well dont expect to see too much of them as we are just running by, but
I'll gladly show them to you another day if want to Drakfot." Memorx said

"Yuepp yuepp, it seems as we are not even halfway through our journey and must
move on, or at least our leader here is eager to do so." Crythos said as he
picked his bag from the ground and made himself ready for the leave.

"Sorry Drakfot, it seems as there will not be a chance to spend the evening here
in Yrkanis. But as Memorx said lets do it another time shall we." Rikka said
and shined up in a smile that would have lifted even the most saddes spirits to
the skies.

"Yes that will be fine, thank you my friends." Drakfot replied and got up and
put her Magical Amplifiers on her hands and started running with the team.

So the once more passed the mighty gates of Yrkanis, this time in the opposite
direction and headed towards the northen side of the Matis Arena. There were
some gingos that thought they could have a quick snack from all the Homins that
passed by all of a sudden, but they quickly realized they stood no chance so
most of them fled of with the tail between the legs.

When they reached Psyklopa Knoll Drakfot was greatly suprised. She had never
seen any plants that looked like these. They were big lumps balancing on a small
stalk or root that was buried into the ground and they silently waved back and
forth while making some strange ratteling noise. Drakfot was a bit scared and
did not dare to touch them, and she did not have time to look at them closer as
they had to continue to run along the road. But the siight of these plants would
stay in Drakfot's memory for a long time.
They continued past Tunnel of Woe and judging by the name Drakfot wouldnt like
to visit that place just yet as it frightened her a little.

"Ok, you see this walkwayt down here, go down there and look at the portal and
make a mental note Homins. You might need this in your future travels." The
leader said as he sat down for a few minutes of rest.

Drakfot slowly walked down to the portal and as she got closer to it she heard
that voice from so long ago, the voice from Aubermouth.

"Welcome my child, here you shall awake." it said.

But just after Drakfot heard it she doubted if she had heard anything really,
or if it was just a whisper of the wind. And suddenly she felt all warm inside,
warm and safe. Yes she might have heard that voice whisper tose words to her.

As all the participants had walked down to the portal and back again they all
continued towards Little Mountain. When they reached it the all stopped and
looked around carefully for there where many fould Kitins that roamed the small
path that lead upwards to what seemed to be a more desolate that the forests
that hey had just passed. After some well done cooperation if all Homins they
fould Kitins fell to the ground and they could travel on up onto the overlying
landscapes. It was hard to see any trees growing where they now were, but in the
distance Drakfot could see some trees grow and bigger plants.

"Yeh that would be Virginia Falls. I have heard that its a fine place that every
Homin should visit sometime." Crythos said as he laid his hand on Drakfot's
shoulder. "Lets continue with the group shall we."

It was very much new things that Drakfot had seen just since she left the
capital town Yrkanis. So many new inpressions, differens animals and flora,
that she was both amazed and curious at the same time. Yet she appriciated that
Crythos reminded her why they were there.

As they ran through the lands it all seemed to turn more and more bare.
They passed a small camp, it was a local tribe that lived there Drakfot was
told from another member of the team, it was a good place to seek refugee or
just stop at if you travelled here, and if you were on good terms with the
inhabitants.

"Close, we are close.. soon we will reach Thesos and the bar, ooh Fireweine
yummy." Memorx said as he ran past them again smiling.

Drakfot laughed when she saw his spirit and joy in travelling, even though it
might seemed to be for the beverage of the different lands. He was a great Homin.

They all gathered and made a final run towards the portal.
As they reached the cave that held the portal they saw a Karavan TP and a holder
of it standing there just outside and some Homins ran towards her asking to
make a pact with her for travelling. They wera all sad when she told them, with
a kind voice, that this machine was not functional due to atmospherical
distortions and that they dared not to send Homins through it since their safety
could not be guaranteed.

So then they all gathered up and entered the portal. And so it was Drakfot's
turn. She stepped though the portal thinking that she had gotten more used to
this now. When she reached the other side she walked out of the cave feeling
the warm sand around her feets and the sun blinded her vision.

"yuepp, this is Fyros lands for sure" Crythos said....

Warmth within and warmth outside.
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)

Drakfot
Guild Muse

Post by Drakfot » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:48 pm

The tale of Drakfot – part 9.

The lands of desert and fire.

The warm sun shined on the Homins as they exited the portal that had lead them
from Matis to Fyros lands. Drakfot stood in the opening for a moment as she got
used to the strong light that was emanating from the sun and reflecting on the
ground. The warm sand covered her feet's and felt soft to walk on. She buried
her feet's in it and enjoyed the moment for a little while as the others
gathered up around the portal. So as the team was gathered they all started to
move out.

“Ok people, we have some varinxes and kirostas here around, if we get by them
its an easy run to Thesos where we'll stop for a moment, but don't run off to
the bar or you'll be left.” The leader of the trek said as they ran forward and
avoided the kirostas.

“Aaaaleeee!” Memorx shouted as he ran past Rikka and Drakfot towards Thesos. He
had traveled the lands here before so he could find his way. That or his thirst
found the ways.

“You're always thirsty aren't you Memorx” Rikka said while giggling towards
Memorx as he passed.

“There is always room for Ale ! “ He answered and continue towards the dunes
whom was covering Thesos.

“Hey, you there stay in the group or you're on your own!” The leader shouted as
he saw Memorx running away.

“Meet you there Mr leader sir!” Memorx shouted and continued to laugh on his way.

So the Homins was on their way towards Kipucka Plain Border post to gather up
and see that everyone was still accountable and then they set out to reach
Thesos within a few minutes of running. The dunes were surrounding the area and
it almost looked like they emerged with the great wall that appeared as they
got to the border post. As they took a turn to the right and continued up the
hill Drakfot noticed a strange wooden pillar with carved patterns that she had
not seen before. She stopped for a moment and looked at it. It was as if it
wanted to say something to her with its patterns and strange forms.

“Hey Drakfot, you're having that distant look again. Lets move with the others
shall we” Crythos said as he had stopped by her.

“Oh.. yes, I am sorry. It was just that it was so strange and mysterious” She
replied and ran up to him.

“There will be plenty of time to look at that later, now lets head for Thesos,
we still have a long way to travel before we reach Pyr and then Dyron” Crythos
said.

Once more Drakfot's mind was astounded by all new names that she heard and the
surroundings of the lands of Fyros. She tried to sort them all out so that they
would make more sense but she soon found that it would be a more of a task than
what she could complete now so she put it aside and joined the others on the
way to Thesos.
After just a few minutes she could see how something appeared in the distant
and it looked like it was an opening between two walls and she could see that
on the hill to the right was a large building that was as a large monument
showing Homins that they had entered the gates of Thesos.
As they all came closer Drakfot noticed that there was a small lake on the left
side filled with clear pouring water. As she examined it closer she found that
there was a small pathway from the land that headed out towards a building in
the middle of the small lake. She stopped by its entrance on the land side and
looked at the building across. Suddenly she saw Memorx coming out from the
building and as he saw her he smiled and waved at her. She returned the smile
and the wave and then turned around to look at the buildings behind her. They
were nothing like she had seen yet. Though now she had seen the wooden
buildings of Trykers, the tree houses of Matis and now these red strange ones.
There were rather much for her to grasp for the moment yet she found it all to
be interesting.

“This way Drakfot !”Rikka shouted and waved.

Drakfot moved towards her and found that she was standing by a rotating thing
like the one she had seen just outside Fairhaven. Though this one had no large
white guards close to it as the one in Fairhaven. It had a smaller one standing
beside it clapping its hands and making sounds as Drakfot closed in and made a
pact allowing her to travel here without walking the lands. Drakfot smiled at
the little creature and then got over to the rest of the team that now was
gathered once more. She stopped just before reaching them , looked around and
said “Thesos” silently to herself.

The group then started to run towards north and soon reached a huge cliff and
Drakfot almost got dizzy as she looked down into it. It was filled with small
animals that roamed around looking for food or just company. Then it hit her,
if they look this small from this distance, how large were they really?

“Zerx, all get ready !” the leader shouted as he was attacked by a large Zerx
and everyone quickly took the positions they had learned during the trip.

“This is a perfect time to test my new rifle I bought in Matis.” Crythos said
as he opened his back and picket out a new shine rifle. He shouldered it and
aimed towards the Zerx. And as it was to strike at the leader he fired off a
shot that hit it right in the leg so it stumbled.
“Ah nice rifle indeed”

The Zerx fell and as they all were ready they seized the opportunity to clear
the path a bit more before moving further. Soon the other Zerxes was either
lying on the ground or being chased away.
The Homins worked very well together now as they had get to know each other more
and during the travel. So soon there was a long row running alongside the edge
of the cliff carefully avoiding the foul varinxes and kinchers that roamed the
area.
After a bit of running the shaped of a bridge that extended itself of the gorge
reaching towards the other side. They all headed that way and as they passed it
Drakfot stopped for a moment and looked out through the gorge.

“Yeh its really nice isn't it” Rikka said as she stopped by Drakfot and looked
out through the vastness of the gorge wandering off in the distant.

“Yes it is amazing how much Atys holds” Drakfot replied as she looked across
the cliffs.

As they reached the end of the bridge Drakfot noticed that the lands were
raised a bit away and there were some remains of buildings on it.

“That's Dragon's spines stronghold, once a magnificent building stood there,
but now what you see is all that remains.” Crythos said and let the straw
wander from one side of his mouth to another.
“They group is gathering at the opening of the other bridge over there, lets
hurry”
They reached the bridge and as the stood there for a moment's rest Drakfot
felt something sniffing her in the neck. As she turned around she was not
prepared on what met her. There in front of her stood a huge animal that
seemed to be covered in what looked like bark. It had a huge body and its head
had something that looked like fangs, yet not sharp, on the sides. It sniffed
at Drakfot again and opened its mouth. She was stiff of fear and just stood
there staring at the creature.

“Heya there Tarron.” Memorx said as she strutted up aside Drakfot and grabbed
a piece of bread from his pocket. He extended his hand and the giant creature.
It sniffed on the bread then gently picked it up from his hand and chewed on
it happily. It then put his head toward Memorx that gave it a gentle pet and
after that it walked away over the bridge.
“He is a nice fella, won't harm you at all. I guess that you were scared a bit
there Drakfot.”

“Ehm.. yes I was..” Drakfot admitted and blushed a bit for she had been both
scare and surprised by the huge animal. But after a minute she had settled
down and found Tarron to be a cute and curious one. “Almost like an overgrown
Yubo” She thought to herself as they ran across the bridge.

They ran past another bridge and then took a right turn and ran along the edge
once more though this time being on the other side and way away from Thesos.
Soon they were met by Yubos that held their camp and they ran after the Homins
for a bit as they got curious over whom they were.
In the distant Drakfot saw a green light emanating from the sky as it moved
backward and forward.
She then noticed that it shined on another of the Karavan TP machines like the
one in Fairhaven.
They all headed there and got themselves a pact and then headed towards north
again.
Almost instantly a wall appeared and Drakfot could see that there was some
structures and buildings on it. How strange this was.

“What be that building on the mountain there?” She asked Rikka as they ran
alongside it.

“That is not 'a' building, its several ones Drakfot. Its all part of the main
capital here in Fyros. Pyr.” She replied as they ran past a gate and a stable
along the side.

After some time they reached another stable, but now it seemed as they were to
head through the gates this time. But Drakfot doubted as this gate also had
fires coming up from the ground. How could they be going through fires to get
into the town ? Would they not be harmed by this ?
But since all the other Homins seemed to be passing the flames without any
visible damage even Drakfot made a try and closed her eyes as she walked
through the flames. She was not burned as she thought, the flamed just felt
as a warmer wind that gently wandered over her body as she passed them. So she
opened her eyes and looked at the street in front of her.

“Yeh, this is Pyr in Fyros lands alright.” Crythos said..
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)

Drakfot
Guild Muse

Post by Drakfot » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:08 pm

The tale of Drakfot - Part 10.

Footsteps in the sand.

So they had now finally arrived at the capital of the Fyros lands, Pyr the great
city. It was as a giant statue that was abruptly arisen in the desert to show
the determination of Homins. They had choosen to overcome all obstacles that
living in the desert meant. And at such great prevail this town now flourished
as ever before. It was as it had grown right up from the ground, yet forged into
the well of life it now was through the care and hard work of Homins. A
magnificent sight indeed.

Drakfot, Crythos and Rikka slowly walked towards the Kami TP and each made their
pact of teleportation. Then they met with the team and once more they could hear
the now familiar sound of Memorx as he ran past them; "Aaaalleeee!". They all
laughed a bit and noticed that there was even more inside the walls that met the
eye.

"Ok everyone, since we did not had the time to spend in Yrkanis, let's all have
a good time to rest here. Gather here later tonight and prepare to travel early
in the morning." The leader of the trek said and then turned around and started
to talk to one of the officer guards that had come to meet him.
"Oohh, then I know exactly what to do then, come with me Drakfot. I want to
show you something." Rikka said as she grabbed Drakfot's hand and started to
walk in a kind of rushed pace towards somewhere Drakfot did not know of.
"See you later Crythos, hurry Drakfot!"

"I'll be around the shops I think, going to have a look on those launchers and
perhaps have a nice conversation with the manufacturer." Crythos said as he
slowly walked away towards the salesmen , chewing his straw. "You girls have
fun now."

Drakfot waved at Crythos as she was almost dragged away by Rikka that had a kind
of devious smile on her face. The ran by an open plain where some more of those
strange huts that they had seen in Thesos, though there were some more Homins
standing by these and Drakfot could see that some of them displayed some gods
for sale. They took a left turn and moved forward.
After a few minutes with trying to follow up with Rikka, turning around so many
corners Drakfot was rather confused and wondered where she really were. Such
maze that seemed to be in the town, yet for those inborn this was mot likely no
problem.

"We are almost there now Drakfot, tihi I think you will like this. I sure do."
Rikka said.

"Ahm.. where are we going Rikka ? I am a bit lost now." Drakfot replied a bit
worried for she did not know where to turn if she ever got lost in this giant
town.

"We are not going anywhere, at least for now. We are here Drakfot!" Rikka said
and smiled widely.

"The Pyr baths" Drakfot said out loud to herself as she read the sign that
hanged over the door. "A bath ?"

"Yes !!" Rikka said giggling. "We sure have deserved some rest haven't we.
Now lets go in, its the stairs to the right that leads downward."

"Oh.. I have never experienced any hot water sources before.." Drakfot said in
a careful manner. There had been so many new things for her recently, would she
ever have time to sort them out ?

They walked down the stairs after paying the fair fee's and entered a smaller
room. It was lightened up by beams from the sun that eminated from an opening in
the ceiling. Around the wall were benches places for them to place their
belongings on while they were enjoying the water. In the center of the room
there was an circle filled with clear sprightly water. They both undressed
wearing only their underwear, placed their armours and bags on the bench and
then entered the water. It was first then as Drakfot's toes touched the water as
she felt how relaxinf this source of water was. And how long and taring the
journey sofar had been. Yes she was rather new to all this and had not yet by
just traveling through the lands had time to adapt to their climate. As the
water sourrounded her body as she sat down into it shel felt relaxed and rested.
It was as the water gave her muscles some long wanted massage and rest. She
could do nothing but to enjoy it all. And so they did. Drakfot and Rikka sat
there for some time , resting and talking. Yes it was a long awaited rest for
them both. Yet after a while Rikka stood up and they got dressed again. Now they
were ready to meet what the streets of Pyr held in hand for them. As soon as
they stood up from the water it was as they were never in it, thet were dry and
refreshed.

"Another mystery don't you think Drakfot ?" Rikka said as the put her sleeves
on.

"Yes, just a second ago we were sitting in the water, but now it seems as when
we left the source of the water , it all stayed here. Nothing is on us anymore.
Strange and amazing indeed. " Drakfot replied, then got ready to leave.

"So then , let's explore Pyr a bit shall we." Rikka said as they both exited
the bathhouse. They stopped outside the door and looked around. Then Rikka
decided that the way forward was the most exciting one and they both walked that
way. After just a minute Drakfot was already well lost among all the streets and
cornes yet she still followed Rikka whom seemed to know the wat around in the
town. They almost bumped into Kridix Abygrian as they rounded a corner.

"Hey there Rikka, I see that you are showing a new one around. How are you two
?" He asked them with a smile.

"I am great thank you Kridix, this is Drakfot. She has recently been able to
travel around with us." Rikka said to Kridix.

"Nice to meet you Drakfot. I hope that you will find Pyr to be the lovely town
it is." He said with a comforting smile.

"Oh it is fine.. soo many streets and corners I am a bit lost I must admit."
Drakfot replied and stared into the ground.

"Haha, they all are as they come here my friend. Do not worry, Rikka here sure
knows her ways around. You will be fine with her. Now I must rush off, I might
seem as I have little to do. But trust me I have many matters to attend to. See
you around Drakfot and nice seeing you again Rikka." Kridix said an walked off.

"This way Drakfot, we are almost there now!" Rikka said and grabbed Drakfot's
hand and started to run.

After some more corners and small streets they found a small stair that lead
upwards and Rikka continued to hold Drakot as they ran up along it. At the top
they were met by a large pateu where many Homins was walking around, talking and
minded their buisness. Drakfot was amazed as it seemed to be on a different
level from what she had seen previously of the town, yet it all fitted so well
together.
They found another stair that led downwards and it ended it a smaller room, yet
impressive with its details and large space.

"Oh.. this is amazingly large" Drakfot said with an impressed voice.

"Oh this is nothing, follow me" Rikka said and turned right towards the wall.

Yet it was not a wall there but another walkway into another even greater room.
In the middle of a wall there was a small stage set with trees on both sides.
It was a huge meeting hall and Drakfot could sense that many Homins voiced eched
in here and great decisions were made. She looked up and saw that it was an open
place where heaven was the roof and the great mountain stretched over it to
provide it with some cover. A mightful sight indeed.
They continued into the next room where another stair led them upwards where
they turned right and entered another room.
As they entered Drakfot stopped in amazement, this town, from the outside was a
mighty and amazing sight indeed. Yet she had never thought that the insides of
it would amaze her even more continously.
The room was a large hallway with a giant stair in the middle and at the
opposite of its entrance there was a giant statue of what seemed to be a lady
holding something in her hands. Drakfot took a moment and looked at the statue,
it was almost as if it looked back at her and smiled.

"You want to see what's upstairs Drakfot?" Rikkas voice brought her back to
reality and she nodded yes. Once more they walked upward a stair yet this one
splitted in two halfway and they choosed the right one. Or rather Rikka choosed
as Drakfot was trying to keep up with her. She held such lively spirit indeed.
Once they reached the top Drakfot saw that some Homins stood and discussed what
seemed to be usual matters. From the plateu they now had reached she could see
that there were two rooms om each side, both filled with Homins discussing
different ways to train everything from frighting to how you craft fine things.
They all looked at the two little Trykerettes that stood there staring at them
and smiled. Some waved to them and they answered with smiles and waves too.
Everyone here were so kind that even if she felt lost Drakfot knew that there
would be no problem to ask for help to get back.

"Well, I think that this will cover well for today. Lets go find the TP again
so we can get some rest before we sets off again. You lead the way Drakfot!"
Rikka said as she turned around and started to walk down the stairs.

"Ehm.. I am.. I don't know the way Rikka.. I am lost.." Drakfot said a bit
embarrassed as she slowly walked after Rikka down the stair.

"I know, I was just teasing you a bit Drak. Now come lets hurry to the
others." She said with a laugh as she started to run.

Drakfot smiled and ran after her down the stairs, out through the ascendign
rooms and stairs until they finally got back out on the streets. Once more they
were running in the small maze of streets and intersections. Suddenly they ran
past a small place holding a fountain that stood there as a small source of
fresh water for all Thirsty Homins. They kept running and soon Drakfot wondered
if they were ever to find their way out.

"We are almost there Drakfot, hang on" Rikka said and took a right tunr.

"Southgate.." Drakfot read on a sign that was attached to the wall and
continued to follow Rikka.

After a few more turns and streets and almost bumping into a Homin or two they
finally reached the large sqaure with trainers and the houses that Drakfot
remembered. And as soon as they got closer to the exit on the other side of it
Drakfot could hear the voices she knew was the ones that she was traveling with.
It had been a great and astounding show of Pyr. Such great and lovely city it
was.
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)

Drakfot
Guild Muse

Post by Drakfot » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:06 pm

The tale of Drakfot part 11 - A night in the open.

So they closed in towards the Kami TP where they had arrived. It was a rather
funny sight as Drakfot and Rikka ran among the Fyros people, they looked
like palish children that ran among the adult. The difference of Trykers and Fyros.
Though most of the Fyros took none or little notice of this as they continued
their chores, and they were used to that travelers took the way around Pyr to
see the great city of the desert.
As they got to the TP and gathered up with the others, Crythos had gotten his
hands on yet a rifle, now a Fyros made one that he was examining and Memorx sat
leaned against the wall and smiled at them. As they met up they were told that
the night was to be spent in Pyr as the group wished for some rest. So they
grabbed their traveling bags and walked off back towards the entrance, in the
ascending area some tents were risen for them to rest under in case of rain. But
a glance at the sky told them different. They all scuffed their bags in one of
the tents and made something to eat.

After eating they all wandered about a bit, some wanted to enjoy the late night
life of Pyr and it was easy to understand as the word "Aaleeee" echoed along the
walls as they went off. Memorx had dragged some of their traveling companions
with him on his explorations of the nightly life. They all seemed as a merry
bunch. Drakfot took a blanket and left the little tent silently as Rikka had
already fallen asleep. "It must be much energy to hold such lively spirit" She
thought as she wandered towards the fires that formed a gate into and out from
the town.
As she came close to them she gave them a careful look. How could it be that
even though they were of fire it was not harmful ? She extended her hand and
touched the flames as they grew up from the ground rising up against the sky to
finally vanish in a dust. It was not cold but it was not warm either, the flames
touched her hand and it almost felt like the fur of a Yubo. It was smooth and
gentle as it helped her move as she passed through them.

As she got just outside the stables she looked around at the desert that lied
around. Its color had faded as the sun had walked away and hidden behind the
great mountains. She found that the wall on the opposite of the stable were a
fine place to sit down and so she did.

So there outside the great town of Pyr sat a little Trykerette on the ground
wrapped in a blanket and stared at the sky with wondering eyes. How long had she
been here now ? How many days, weeks perhaps even months had passed since that
day in Aubermouth. And why was it that she did know nothing of the time before
that. Her thoughts went out to Ba'Gan Brermen whom had first greeted her as she
woke up. She looked at the sky and a smile wandered over her face as she thought
of the day she had left him, with a thank and a flower and she hoped that he too
had found the heart of the girl he was found of. The sky that night had been as
bright as this.

She sat there and leaned her head back against the wall and looked at the sky,
the stars that slowly glistened as they lit up what seemed to otherwise be an
endless ocean of darkness. The moon wandered slowly over the sky and let its
glow shine down on the little housing and the stable boy went outside to being
in the Mektoubs whom was waiting to get inside where the food was. The guards
patrolled the gates and switched places as they looked both on whom was entering
and exiting the town. There Drakfot sat looking at the sky , wrapped in a
blanket and burrowed her feet in the sand.

"Yeh, it is a nice sky tonight isn't it. These nights seems to happen now and
then." Rikka said as she sat down next Drakfot. "Sorry for falling asleep before
Drakfot."

"Don't worry Rikka, you seemed to enjoy it." Drakfot replied.

And there they sat and looked at the night as it wandered in over Pyr. As the
night came closer they still sat there together looking at the sky and
momentarily exchanged a few words.

The sun returned to the lands and made the desert glow once more and its light
shined upon the entire landscape. The stable boy opened the stable doors,
stretched as he yawned and was followed by the Mektoubs as they exited the
stable and entered the enclosure outside where they could wait for the owners to
come and fetch them.

At the wall Rikka and Drakfot sat, leaned towards each other , sleeping quietly.
As the sun reached their eyes they woke up and rubbed theirs eyes. As they stood
up and folded their blankets they heard a voice :

"Mornin' ladies" Crythos said and it was first now as they noticed that he had
been sitting just a few meters away from them.

"Good morning Crythos" Drakfot said and smiled as she saw that it was him.

"Heya Crythos" Rikka said and shined up with a smile that gave even the sun
competition.

"Well, you slept so well that I did not want to disturb you so I packed the tent
and brought your things here. We will likely leave soon now." He said and
pointed at their traveling bags.

At correctly as he said as soon as they had got their bags the rest of the group
came storming out through the gates and took a steer left.

"So there you are, well then hurry!" The leader shouted as he saw them and then
continued to run up front to show the way.

Drakfot noticed that many in the group held a happy and rested face now, the
nights rest and pleasures must have been well placed. And so they all moved out
along the wall of the town of Pyr. This was an amazing place and as they ran
along the road Drakfot thought to herself that she had to return here some day
to find out more about this town.

They ran for a bit and then came close to a place that seemed almost misplaced
in a desert, it was a small oasis in the middle of the warmth of a desert.
Memorx told her that this was Oflovak's Oasis, a known place in Fyros.
Drakfot looked around a bit as they all got a TP for this place. She did not
notice a Clopper that had seen her and now was after something to feed on. She
turned around as she heard the sound of its claws closing and saw the beast
coming at her in full speed. She was so startled that she had no time to react.
And as the beast was just in front of her it stopped, looked at her and
staggered a few steps and then fell to the ground with a sound.
Drakfot looked at it and then looked up and saw that Crythos stood at the TP
aiming his rifle.
He had seen the Clopper in time and had shouldered his rifle and fired off a
shot which had found its target. Drakfot bowed to Crythos to show her
appreciation towards him for helping her, she decided not to stroll far away
from the team again. There would be plenty of time for her to look at this place
in the future and she would likely be more prepared by then.

Soon they were all traveling again and now they ran among what seemed to be some
sort of canyons. It held some strange creatures that looked as they were Homins
but still they were not.

"Where are we now" She asked Rikka as they ran between two mountains.

"This place have some names, but most call it Frahar Towers." She replied.
"And those two legged ones are called Frahars, don't go close to them for they
don't look well on others."

Drakfot thought about the Clopper just a few moments earlier and decided to
follow Rikka's advice.
A bit later they closed up on a town that was well and lively. The leader
shouted out Dyron as the name and that they once more were to get a TP and them
move on towards the portal that would take them to the last place for their
travels before going homeward.

Drakfot looked around and noticed that this was a fairly small town, yet lively
enough for a larger city as the merchants set up their items, harvesters sold
their materials and the crafters were busy making their work for the day. And
once more the words of their leave echoed over them as the leader ran off
followed by them.

Now it was easier for them to move in the large group they were as the areas
were more open. But a word of warning was issued as some of the animals here
were often hungry and always looking for something to eat. So they all kept an
extra eye on the surroundings as they followed a path that lead alongside the
wall.

Suddenly a scream reached them on the right side. It was a young Trykerette whom
ran for her life from a large animal that had seen her and put up a pursuit.
Rikka made a quick turn as the little girl came closer and started to run
towards the animal and with an roar she took a jump, unshielded her knife and
aimed for the animal. With a thud they landed a few meters away and the animal
now took aim for Rikka instead of the scared to death girl. Rikka stood there
staring at the animal as it stared back at her. Then it jumped towards her. It
tried to bite at her head, but Rikka was faster than that and raised her left
arm as protection and they could see her making a face as the teeth's reached
her skin, yet protected by the armour she wore. She took her knife and stabbed
it deeply into the side of the neck of the animal and its bellowed a scream as
it fell to the ground. As it fell, still holding Rikka's arm in its mouth, its
last breath was of fire as it exhausted it.

"Aarrgh" Rikka screamed as she pulled her arm towards her and held it close. It
had gotten severely burned but the breath.

"Ocynx" was all the others had the chance to yell during this short time as they
gathered up to see what it was all about.

Rikka tried to stand up, but her arm aching of too much pain and as she fell
back on the ground.
Drakfot was the one that had been closest to her and she was the first one to
reach her.
She looked at Drakfot and tried to give a warming smile.

"Th-that was the first Ocynx I have slayed with my own hands, is she alright?"
She asked Drakfot as she healed her arm the best she could."Sorry if I scared
you all"

"Yes she is fine, she was just scared by it all." Drakfot said as the last wound
on the arm disappeared. "And yes you scared me Rikka"

"Sorry, couldn't help it" She said as she stood up and gently touched her arm.
"Wow, it stopped hurting, thanks"

The group got together rather quick as being spread out is one of the greatest
weaknesses of a large group as it increases the chance for other fouls animals
to notice them. They then moved away in a closer group then before and Memorx
ran next to the young Trykerette seeing to that she was safe and did not fell
behind again. She was thankful for their concern.

So finally after a bit of running they came to a portal , they would have missed
it if they didn't know that it was there. One by one they jumped through it.
Before it was Drakfot's turn she took a last look at the warm desert that she
had been traveling through and seen so much in.
She smiled as she turned around and entered the portal.
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)

Drakfot
Guild Muse

Post by Drakfot » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:04 am

The tale of Drakfot part 12 - A jungle hymn.

At the other side of the portal it all seemed to be the same, desert as far as
they could see. Yet now there was a darkened sky and rain seemed to be near and
abundant. Yet it did not discourage all the Homins that was set for the journey,
they had already overcome so many difficulties and some rain was not stopping
them now. And besides they would soon be safe under the mighty trees and plants
that grew in the jungle. Yes they had now reached ZoraÏ.

"Ahh the fresh air of the Great Outback." Rikka said as Drakfot exited the
portal on the other side.

"Outback?" She asked Rikka, this was a name she had not heard before. It somehow
seemed as a strange name to place for such people as the Zoraï, but then again
Drakfot had only had a quick conversation with Vao La-Po and they had not got
into any deeper speakings then the daily greetings. One time they have had a
moment, though once it had come to an abrupt end as he had to run off for a
errand.

He had given her an impression that the Zorai's were a calm people, they never
rushed a matter unless it was of utter most importance. He had told her that it
was due to that they sought enlightenment through reaching spiritual goal and
achievements. Even though they had only exchanged a few sentences during that
conversation Drakfot had gotten an image in her mind on how they were. Calm,
generous, gentle were some of the words she would like to say about them. And
now she was finally there, in their lands and surroundings. And they did
resemble their way of life.

They all gathered up and sought to that everyone was there, no one was to fall
behind or off the group. Then they settled out and started to move towards the
horizon. As they came closer a wonder began to grow in Drakfot, where were they
headed ? As they got closer to the horizon she had seen as they came through the
portal it seemed as it did not travel further away as usual, instead it moved
closer to them. But as they got closer and closer she could see that it was
nothing ill but a mere cliff that met them and they soon found a patch that led
them downwards into the jungle that now started to appear in front of them.
There were a few descendants of Kitins that tried their best to defeat them, but
as through the journey the group had been soldered together so well that
everyone instantly took their parts in the teams and quickly defended
themselves. So a few minutes later the ground was holding more carcasses from
Kitins than Kitins standing up and the group moved along.

A bit later they came close to something that Drakfot never had seen before, she
was not alone about this as some o the other Homins stared at it as she did.
What was this thing that had taken hold of their sight?

"That is Desertstock" Crythos said as he passed them, he stopped with them for a
moment and gazed at the sight. Then he let his straw pass from one side to the
another. "Well , there is not many times one will see such things so one better
enjoy it while they can. But now we must get moving again, seems as we have made
a small habit of getting behind the group."

They all ran up to the group that had got used to them being a few meters
behind. And no one really noticed them as they snuck up behind again and joined
the group. And so they ran and as curious she was Drakfot tried to get an as
good look as possible on the surroundings, the trees , the plants and flowers
and the animals that roamed. Some of them were rather similar to the ones she
knew well from Aeden, some was new to her.

There were some tall black ones that walked on two legs and seemed to think
little of the Homins that came running by them as they quickly took up a hunt
and wanted to harm them. Yet once more the group proved how well they worked
side by side. The Gibbai's fell too.

This took some time as there were quite the lot of Gibbai's that passed near the
route they were taking.

"Ehm, Crythos, where are we headed?" Drakfot asked quietly. She knew that
Crythos had known before where they were and where they were headed towards and
hope that he once more could provide an answer.

"We are going for Zora, the main capital of Zoraï." He replied as they continued
to run. "It's not far off by now."

Suddenly a smell arose and it seemed to emanate from somewhere close by.
Drakfot's head started to ache more and more and she almost got dizzy thanks to
this smell. She staggered and missed a step and fell forward into the ground.
She got help to get back on her feet's and a few coughs later she could stand on
her own legs again.

"That happens to just about everyone the first time they get in contact with the
Goo." Rikka said as she examined Drakfot briefly to see that she was fine.

"What? Happens ? The Goo ?" Drakfot said wondering.

"Yes, the Goo that spreads through the lands and thrives upon it ad devours it."
Rikka said with a serious face. "Stainmoor here is one such place. Didn't they
tell you this before you came to the training town ?"

"Well, ehm.. I don't... I don't really remember anything before that day I awoke
in Aubermouth. So I don't really know.. everything." Drakfot said as she blushed
a little in shame over not knowing what seemed to be such common knowledge. A
cough made her fall on one knee. What had really happened before that day when
she had woken ?

"Ah well, that explains it then, no worries Drakfot, we are your friends and
here to help you." Crythos said as he approached her and extended his hand. She
took it and he helped her back up on her feet's again.

"I think I can continue." She said and smiled at her friends.

As they got further away from the Goo and Stainmoor Drakfot felt better and
better and soon it was as she never had come in contact with it at all. And the
pain in her head had let go. The trees and fauna started to become more scarce
and soon some strange lying thing was visible in the Sky. It reminded Drakfot
about the Karavan things she had seen in both Fairhaven and in Pyr. And soon she
noticed that it was in fact the Karavan that had a small uphold there. The group
gathered there and after the usual purchase of TP's they all gathered again and
moves about. They were about to enter the capital town, Zora.

As they got closer to the entrance a calmness came over Drakfot. The gates
themselves were two wooden pillars that stood on each side in a passway, held
guard by a few Zoraï in their armours.
Even though there perhaps not seemed to be the visual grace that both Yrkanis
and Pyr held so greatly there was something special when entering these gates.
Something that was not speakable off for it could only be felt by each and ever
y Homin as they themselves passed the gates. It was graceful, yet peaceful and
spiritual.
To enter the town was like to enter a place where thoughts could gather and mend
the faults they hold, and find the ways out of troubled routes.

"He did give a well impression of his capital, Vao La-Po." Drakfot thought as
she passed the gates and got to the TP. There was a small black little creature
that stood there looking at her with big white eyes. It was a Kami yet not like
the ones she had seen before. It just stood there , staring at her with its bit
white eyes, barely moving besides a small swing from side to side now and then.
It was as it carefully looked at Drakfot as she looked at it, to find out whom
she was without intruding. As if it was unsure of whom she was and what her
intentions were. She smiled at it and bowed to show her respect and that she was
not to meant harm in any way. It still did not move and just stared at her. But
as she was to turn around she could almost see how the eyes expressed joy and
said "thank you kind Homin" to her, or was there a voice ? The little thing made
a small move and gave off a sound of happiness and Drakfot once more smiled at
it as she turned around to the others.

"Ok, I need to get hold of some Homins that apparently are around here, so lets
have a short brake before we leave again." The leader shouted out as the
disappeared down a small road and soon rounded a corner.

" He didn't say where or when to meet did he?" Memorx asked them.

"That's right, so we better not stray off too far and for too long." Crythos
said.

Rikka had already left them as she wanted to have a look at the merchants, and
soon Crythos joined her, but he went to the armory to have a look at rifles and
ammunition.

Drakfot was left a bit on her own as Memorx had gone off too mumbling something
about getting hold of a good beverage. So she walked down the small road that
lead from the what seemed to be an archway. She passed something that seemed to
be sunken down into the ground, and she could see how some Homins stood there in
front of the Zorai's and mimicked their movements and chantras. She took a left
down towards some small huts and houses. Perhaps there were something nice here
to see. Some others from the group had already spread out and were down there
talking and looking at goods. Some were buying and some were selling.

Drakfot strolled between the small houses and looked at their crafting. She got
hold of a lovely armor and she was told that it was the Zoraï traditional Light
Armour of High Quality she had in her hands.
The cloth was so smooth and following, yet it was hard and robust when needed.
It was really nice.

As she walked along some houses she saw a house that held no sign nor displayed
any merchandise. Still she felt as she had to have a look inside of it. Why she
did not know and could not tell, it was just something that had to be done.
Inside there were no shells filled with goods or materials, no boxes with pars
of armors and no displays for jewelry. There in the back sat a Zoraï man
meditating while looking a bit upwards.
Drakfot was struck by the thought that she was somehow imposting, as there were
no things on display here, what right did she then have to be in this house? She
tried to move out as quietly as she could.

"Why leave when you are already here?" The man said. He had noticed her the
second she had entered the house.

"I am sorry, I thought this was a shop of some kind...." Drakfot said with a
shamed voice.

"are you sure that is the answer, did you see any goods for sale out there or in
here?" He asked her gently. How could his calm voice be so kind yet still only
appeal to her to tell him truthfully.

"I didn't see any goods or items out there, so I thought that perhaps inside..
but when I saw you I thought that I might disturb you and wanted to leave as
soon as I could. I am sorry." She said. What had she gotten herself into ?

"That is an answer to tell indeed. And there is nothing to be sorry for. If I
did not wish for visitors had I not closed the door then ?" He said as he looked
at her and smiled. " I am Ce-Ni Bong and I am a Kami adept."

"I am Drakfot, from the lake lands. It is nice to meet you Ce-Ni Bong." she
said and bowed towards him.

"Yes you are a Tryker one, a follower of the Karavan. Usually they do not show
us Kami adepts such kindness. Are you sure that you are feeling well?" He said
with a wondering look that soon turned into a smile.

"Yes, I am.. well I think.. why?" Drakfot asked a bit surprised. Why would one
not be kind to this gentle man tha sat there in his small house?

"Oh, I see. You don't know who I am really do you?" He said still smiling. "You
want me to tell you a little about me?"

Drakfot that suddenly remembered the little conversation she had with Vao
La-Po and was now able to learn more. "Yes I would love to hear more, if you
want to tell me."

"You surely are a strange one, yet a curious one indeed." He was as he made a
gesture for Drakfot to sit down at the little table next to him. "So where to
start."

"You know of the Karavan, you are by birth one of their followers, if I may put
it that way. The history of Atys itself demands too much time to be told over a
day or night. So to place it shortly; After many happenings there was five
things; The Homins, The Kami, The Karavan, The Kitins and The Goo. Now the Kami
and the Karavan hold no good eyes to each other, and I admit as a Kami adept I
am inclined to mistrust the Karavan. But that does not mean that I by fact have
to mistrust every Homin." He gave Drakfot a long look. "The Kami's leader is
named Ma-Duk and he speaks to us Homins through Mabreka, the great wizard. We
are Homins of the nature, we do not seek to refine nature, to fight our way
through. We place our belief that through meditation and spiritual activities we
can understand things much better and everyone gains from this. Yet know that we
are not afraid to take up arms when in need to. But still that be not the way we
seek to do things."

Drakfot sat there amazed about what he told her. She knew that its was far from
all he wanted to tell, as he said himself the time was too short for such great
telling.

"So you see, by paths chosen since we emerged out from the Roots we have set
different destiny's. Perhaps it cannot be explained in words, or perhaps a
shortening of it can do well enough for now. Be not surprised if Homin attacks
upon you based on what you believe in." He said, it seemed as he wanted to say
so much yet could not find words for it all. Not for this short time.

"But if I , as a Homin, want to know more about these Gods. What if I want to
say that I hold no quarrel against them despite what they might have done, what
if I place my belief in the Homins that walks on Atys ? As this be my first
travel throughout the lands I have seen so much, so much beauty and kindness
where I have traveled. And I have made such wonderful friends and seen none of
this quarrel you speak of my friend." She said, she did not know why and
instantly the thought that she had said something rude striked at her, she
lowered her head.

"Haha, you sure are a strange one little Trykerette Drakfot." He said with a
laughter and a big smile. "I like you, you're a nice Homin. Yet now I fear that
this time has ended."

"Ended?" Drakfot said and gave him a questioning look and was a bit scared that
something bad might happen.

"Do not worry, I will not harm you. Not at all, in fact I want to see you again
sometime if that is possible." He said with a smile as he got up and lifted up
the curtain that was covering the opening out. "Your friends are looking for
you."

Drakfot looked out, there at a house nearby she saw Rikka and Crythos looking
around.

"Drakfot, where are you Drakky? We are about to leave now.." Rikka shouted.
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)

Drakfot
Guild Muse

Post by Drakfot » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:04 am

The tale of Drakfot part 13.

"Ah there you are Drakfot. We thought we had lost you again." Rikka said while
gently nudging Drakfot and smiling.

Yes she had made a small habit of disappearing now and then since they first set
out on this journey. Some times it had proven to be quite dangerous to stroll of
from the group. And sometimes it had resulted in interesting finds, such as this
nice, short but nice, talk to Ce-Ni Bong. He was an interesting Homin and
Drakfot looked forward to once more sit down and talk to him. He had such great
knowledge that she lacked so it would be a great opportunity to learn more about
the different lives that are lived on Atys. But for now it was back to the group

and continue the travel through the lovely planet.
As they all gathered by one of the gates she was met by Crythos as he smiled to
her.

"The straws here are nice, fine taste too." He said and once more he stood there
with them gently chewing a bit on a straw.

"Ok, no time to wast, lets move out everyone." The leader shouted as he started
to run.

Drakfot was almost a bit startled by this as she had not seen him approaching
and suddenly his voice was there. A few seconds later they were all headed out
through the gates and towards a city named Min-Cho someone told her.
On her way she could see some animals that she recognized, Yubos and Messabs to
name some. They looked just like the ones outside Fairhaven, only was a bit
different in colors. By now she had gotten used to all the different kinds of
animals that roamed around them as they ran through the lands.

The travel to Min-Cho was quite effortless as the leader knew the way through
and around animals and obstacles that could be stopping them from continuing.
Well at Min-Cho the leader gathered them for a small strategy talk.

"Ok, this part might be a bit troublesome as we are entering a maze here. Many
have been lost here as they have headed out to scout the area. But we are lucky
and have a map on our hands that we will use. But still it is no guarantee that
it will go smoothly. So I want you all to stay together as much as possible,
spread out and we are lost. So stick together and be close by me all the time
and it will be good." He said as he gave them all a good look like he was
counting them to see that everyone was there and so that he would know how many
he could expect well on the other side.

He was quite right in the fact that it was a maze Drakfot thought as she had
followed them for a little moment. Only a few turns and she was already lost and
gone among all the crossroads and dead ends that it held. There were some that
attacked them, but as they all stuck together it was no bigger problem for them
to get through it all. As the leader had mentioned that it would be a
troublesome part the teams had almost instantly began whispering among them whom
to do what.
Drakfot tried to use her healing skills as much as she could as it was the best
the knew to do. She could use an more offensive way, yet she feared that she
would only miss her target or even worse hit a friend by accident. So she
decided that her way was to heal and mend wounds as much as she could.

Finally after some struggle they reached their destination, deep down in a small
gorge in the land they found what they had been searching for, a portal. At some
time they had thought that something was wrong as the map had lead them into a
dead end. Yet it turned out that it was actually not a dead end, but it had
become unusable as a travel route. Some brave Homins had then headed on ahead a
bit to scout out the correct route. They had shortly returned with an alternate
route that they took.
The one that had drawn the map was one of the few that had entered the mazes and
actually come back. He had then drawn the map from mind and thinking about how
many turns there was and all the animals that were blocking the path it was
amazing how accurate the map really was.

So now the leader once more made a counting of the Homins and found that
everyone was there, then he talked a bit more.

"We are now entering the Prime Roots. This is the most dangerous place here on
Atys. The animals down here are more aggressive and due to the environment they
are also tougher. So now its more important than ever that we are together and
move as one." He said and they could notice in his eyes that he was quite
serious about this. And the teams now once more started whispering but this time
more actively.

It was decided that they needed more healers now as these opponents here were so
much mightier then what they had met during the long journey. Now it was time to
test what they had learn recently and how well they knew each other in battle.
So now instead of having just two healers they were four and the remaining five
were the best offensive of the team.

It is quite strange in retrospect; that they are now traveling through the lands
where they , in history, was granted refugee from the threat of the Kitins. Sure
they also roamed these lands, but even though it was not as fierce as above the
surface. It is harder to defend oneself against many foes then a few and perhaps
it was that which was the greatest threat, not that they withstood many attacks,
but their share numbers. Even the best of armors cannot withstand the blows of
many foes at the same time.
So now they were down there again, the place whom they had fought to leave and
by the grace of Karavan and Kami they had been given the opportunity to do so.
This was a long time ago and there were restrictions to the advantage.
To run down here felt a bit like running through history Drakfot thought to
herself. Perhaps traveling through these lands and places might help her getting
beyond that black wall that still exists in her mind, she still doesn't know
what happened prior to the day she woke up in Aubermouth.

Perhaps it would light up that black wall..

As they all got ready, testing the formations of each team, then lined up in
front of the portal and as they walked through they took a deep breath.

On the other side everyone was ready for battle as they entered. But it was just
calm and quiet, nothing bad at all as far as they could see in the little tunnel
that flowed out from the portal. This was a relief for them all as they had
expected the worst to happen as they entered the Prime Roots.
So they gathered up and started to head out through the tunnel and soon they saw
an opening that lead out into what seemed to be a massive cave of some kind. It
seemed to be huge.

It was then the cries began..

They had been both surprised and amazed by the beauty of the old lands so that
they had lost a bit of the carefulness they had when entering the Roots. And
this little slip of concentration and attention of the surroundings had give the
opportunity needed to some Kitins that was nearby.

"Kinchers, watch out...." was heard from several directions as Drakfot closed in
on the opening of the tunnel. And as she looked around she saw a devastating
sight, it seemed as they were everywhere. They were not many but they left a
clear track of fallen Homins as they moved forward through them. Just a few hits
made even the best warriors in the teams fall to the ground lying there in
agony.

Drakfot turned around to try and seek safety in the cave, as they whom was lying
down still being aware was shouting to those still standing. She ran as fast as
she could and she could see in the corner of her eye that some Homins was
following her, and what was worse, some Kinchers were following them. And in an
amazing speed too.

Drakfot decided not to look back again but to look straight ahead and run as
fast as possible towards the portal, perhaps it would be enough for them to lose
track of her and return back.

One could always hope..

As she had run a few hundred meters she tripped over a small thing on the ground
and she fell. As she tried to get back up she felt that she could not move her
right leg, as if it was pinned down into the ground. And as she turned around
she instantly knew why; there behind here was a Kincher, it had been closer that
she had though and as she had fallen it had pierced her right leg into the
ground with its claw. And now it was standing there , still as if it was
watching her before it got ready for a second blow.

As she noticed the claw that penetrated her leg, the blood that came flowing out
from the wound she felt how something rushed up along her leg, over her stomach
and torso and up into her head. It was the rush of the pain from the wound the
claw made. In an instant it made her dizzy and as she was to faint all she saw
was the Kincher raising its head backwards and its claw as it came towards her
in a fast pace. Then it all became black.

She didn't know how much time that had passed since her last sight of the
Kincher. Had it really hit her, or was that just a fantasy of her mind as it was
struggling with the pain of the wound? She didn't know and would she like to
know ?

But still, if she had fallen down why was there no voice to guide her back ? Why
was she still lying there in this state, could she even notice what was
happening around her?

"Hello there little one, don't worry about your knee, the wound is healed. But
don't stand up too fast or you will fall over again"

That voice, she knew that voice so well even though she had only heard it once
before. That warm and kind voice. The voice with fire..

"Sea... Seanchai?"
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)

Drakfot
Guild Muse

Post by Drakfot » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:45 am

The tale of Drakfot - Part 14 The eternal night of the Roots.

"Sea....chai?..." Drakfot tried to lift her head enough to be able to look
around herself to see if it really was her that she had heard just a moment ago.
"Are you there.. Seanchai?"

There was no trace of another Homin nearby, not any of the Kincher either.
The Kincher ! Drakfot's memory suddenly came back to her. They had been attacked
as they entered the tunnel and Homins had fallen in this battle, she had fallen.
The memory of her leg flashed in her mind and she looked down on it. The boot
was trashed and its clothing held colors that was most likely from her blood.
Her skin was exposed between the trashed clothes, still it only had a little
scar and even it was slowly healing away as she looked at it. But where were the
others, they had been so many but now she could not see anyone nearby. Then she
recalled that she had run for cover so that she could return to aid the fallen.
They must be a bit further away. Nearer the opening of the tunnel.

Drakfot gently stood up, her mind was still a little dizzy from the loss of
blood, but she was determined to find her friends. This time without any
Kinchers. She sneaked as quietly as she could with her leg, it was still hurting
a little and her first step made her make a grimace. But as she walked the pain
faded away more and more. After a few meters, where the tunnel took a turn she
could see some of her traveling friends, but they were standing up healing each
other, not lying down as she thought they would. She ran up to them feeling
happy that they were standing. As she got closer to them they noticed her and
started to cast healing spells at her too, as she received them she felt fresher
and stronger. She healed them back as well as she could and soon they were ready
to find the rest of those that had fallen. A decision was made that one should
sneak ahead to see if the Kinchers still was in the vicinity. A brave Tryker
took it upon him and took the lead with about 20 meters. Gently they continued
through the tunnel, as quiet as they ever could, even holding their breath to
keep the silence. Soon they could see the shapes of their friends , soon they
were within the reach of their spells. Suddenly the Tryker in the lead made a
halting gesture and they just froze where they stood. Fear got a grasp around
them as they dared not to move or even make a small noise. He looked around
carefully and it was as he had his sight on something, but they were too far
away to see what he saw. Then she made a sign telling them that it was now safe
and that they should hurry to aid the fallen. They all exhausted and set out
for the others.

The darker places nearby was soon lit up by the lights of their spells as they
castes as much as they cold to bring them back so they could seek safe refuge in
the tunnel. As some healed others kept a watching eye on the surroundings in
case the Kincher would return., but they were safe for now and soon every one
was on their feet's again and moved to the tunnel. Once there they gathered in a
crowd and the leader explained with lowered voice, even though one could almost
think he was shouting but less loud, that they had to move as close together as
possible to be able to survive this place. He told them that the animals here
had grown thicker skin due to the darkness they had to live in and since their
eyes had to get used to black the colors of Homins clothes were something that
stung them in the eyes. That is why the materials that was harvested down here
was either black or white.

"But if they are white, would not the clothes they are made of also disturb the
animals down here ?" A Homin asked the leader.

"Yes, but this is the Prime Roots and the materials differs from those harvested
in the lands in which the sun shines. These materials shifts as they reenters
the roots, they fade in with the surroundings better. " The leader replied.

"I think we should get ready to move out soon, it seems as we will be safe from
patrols for a few minutes now. " A Homin dressed in heavy armor whispered to the
leader.

"Yes you are right, ok everyone. Remember what I said, it is really important
that we are together here now." the leader said to the group as he stood up and
started to sneak away along the wall followed by all the others.

Rikka grabbed Drakfot's hand and pulled her close to herself and Crythos.

"Let's go at the back making sure that everyone is with is now. Crythos has a
sharp eye and will easily spot them at a long distance." Rikka whispered to both
Drakfot and Crythos whom nodded in reply.

Drakfot checked on her amps, they were torn by now. Not all worn out bud in bad
shape.
Crythos placed his rifle on his back so that he could move more easy and then
they followed the others. It was not really until now that Drakfot took notice..

As they exited the tunnel into the huge cave like place known as Trench of
Trials, but the stir have taken all the focus, until now as she walked close by
the wall. The animals were lighter in the skin then usual, she could still
recognize many of of them but they were a bit different.

"Perhaps it is due to they living down here as he said" She thought to herself.

The ground was covered with short grass that seemed as it was moving by itself,
but she soon felt a calm breeze against her face. Even down here the winds had
their reach. She could see tall thin stalks that emerged from the ground
reaching up towards what seemed to be the roof and on the top there was centras
whom in return had stalks that reached out into small sparkling luminous ends.
Others were like a thick stalk sticking up from the ground and on the middle of
them there were some branches reaching out. So many strange things there was
down here, how could she have missed all this beauty. Interesting that such
dangerous place like this also held much of the beauty.
It seemed as it was due to the adaptation they had to do to be able to live
under the conditions that was in the Prime Roots.

The leader stopped for a moment so that the group could gather up again and then
pointed towards a large pillar that was a few hundred meters away, Drakfot
could hardly spot it with here eyes. But she noticed that Crythos was eying it
clearly.

"We better be careful when we get there." He whispered "There are quite the
gather of Kinchers around there, mostly we should be able to sneak by. But who
knows what they will do once we get there."

Drakfot felt a little awkward hearing this as she thought of what had happened
just as they left the tunnel. Suddenly she saw how Crythos took his rifle and
aimed for a Kincher ahead that was already headed towards those that lead the
group. A round went off and it hit the Kincher.
The group quickly gathered themselves letting the ones dressed in heavy armor
stand closest to the Kincher as they were the ones with the best armors that
could easily receive a punch or two without letting the one carry it get hurt.
Behind them the mages and casters stood throwing spells at the enemy the best
they could and in the back the healers gave their aid to all those in front.
Even though the Kincher was a small one it was tough and needed quite the amount
of damage dealt before it finally fell to the ground.

"Please do not carry anything with you from these that falls. The other ones
will be attracted to the scent of the bones and will increase in their
aggressivenesses towards the one carrying the bone of their kinds." The leader
said in a low voice to the group.

As soon as everyone was strengthened and well again they continued to move, for
standing still here too long was a danger in itself as the Kinchers constantly
walked across the lands down here in hunt for food or just to migrate.

Finally the pillar that the leader had pointed on earlier came closer and closer
as they ran along the wall. Drakfot felt more safe now as she had seen how they
had all reacted, each one knowing what to do, when dangers was about. Even now
the group grew more and more together and was ready to do what they could to get
through.
Finally they arrived at the pillar and it seemed as though he was right, that
the Kinchers had not yet arrived to this place. They stopped for a short moment
so that those that had thirst could moist their throats and armors and weapons
could be ready for fight again.
Drakfot took the moment to gaze out over what she could see. It must be so much
down here that she had not yet seen as the field of sight were not lasting then
perhaps a hundred meters or so.

"It's really something down here isn't it." Rikka said as she stood next to
Drakfot.

"Yes, its strange but still familiar. How much is it that I cannot see from
here?" She asked Rikka.

"It's quite a lot, trust me on that. Even I haven't been around to every place
down here yet. But I haven't been running around here that much either." Rikka
said and her face was once more covered with a smile. "That would be another
thing to add to the list of what to do I guess."

"It sure would be something. Oh, how is your arm Rikka?" Drakfot said,

"It's fine, really. You are a good healer Drakfot, you should continue that I
say." She said.

They had no longer time to talk as the group once more got ready to move on.
Drakfot heard something that they would pass by near a lake of sap but that they
would not cross it. Strange that there is so much sap down here that it makes
ponds Drakfot though thinking of the harvesting of sap that was made on the
surface.

"Ok everyone lets move on. But be careful, things will get harder from now on."
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)

Drakfot
Guild Muse

Post by Drakfot » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:07 pm

The tale of Drakfot - Part 14 The eternal night of the Roots - Part II.

Everyone made themselves ready to leave once more, now away from the pillar that
had previously been their destination. Once more the wielding fighters dressed
in Heavy Armor took the lead but now they moved in a lined formation instead of
more spread out as before. They had all got strict instructions from the leader
of the trip;

1.Move closely
2.Do not acquire any items from the fallen animals
3.Do not move in front of the one leading the group
4.Do not spread out
5.Make sure that no one is left behind.

"Don't worry Drakfot, its not as hard as it seems. These are the general
guidelines when traveling in a larger group, its to keep it as controlled as
possible." Rikka whispered to Drakfot as they quietly moved from the pillar
towards the wall that they had followed before.

It seemed as everyone had taken on a serious face as they moved along the wall.
And who would not have thinking of what happened when they first arrived into
the roots. Drakfot could notice how many of those that had not traveled here
before took an extra breath of worry now and then. And she was one of them. She
could still not grasp how dangerous this place was, they had only been given a
short glimpse of it and that had been well enough. She gave the area a quick
look and thought about how beautiful this place, perhaps it was mostly seen as a
dark cave, but in return everything here shined with such glow and beauty. There
were so many things here that she had not seen before. Of course that had
happened quite a lot during the travel through the lands, still this place found
itself a special place within her memory. "As dangerous as it is beautiful" She
thought to herself.

In the far distant she could start to see the shape of yet another large pillar
and she thought that they were headed towards it, but she soon noticed that they
only moved towards it shortly due to some Voraxes had made themselves
comfortable by the wall. It was preferred to sneak around then to fight here she
had been told. The group could likely manage two , perhaps three of them at
best. But if a fourth one , or any other too for that matter, would find their
way into the battle they would most likely meet a defeat. So now everyone moved
as quietly as possible following the leader.

"Hey Drak.." Drakfot moved hastily and had to place her hand in front of her
mouth in order to silence a scream. It was Memorx who had appeared behind her
and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Memorx, you scared me rather well, I though it was a Kincher or a Vorax!"
Drakfot said with a loud whisper as he came up aside her. "Where have you been
?"

"Sorry, I got a bit delayed at the last stop. Nothing to worry about though." He
said with a smile.
But despite the darkness there Drakfot could see that he had some smaller wounds
and dirt in his face, and a closer look on his body told her that he had surely
been engaged in battle.

"Are you sure that you are well Memorx ? You seem to have been in an accident of
some kind, please let me tend for your wounds as soon as possible." Drakfot said
while looking at him.

"Yes, you are right, I got into a fight with one of the locals down here. It
seems as they do not think well of me, or of anyone of us I believe. It seems as
they see themselves as guardians of this place and do not hold back on violent
retaliation when they find someone that trespasses. According to them everyone
does." He said with a smile, but she could notice that his foot or leg must have
been hurt as when he took the next step his smile turned into a smile to avoid
to show pain.

Drakfot decided to take the risk of giving Memorx some quick care and casted a
small healing and pain damping spell. As it hit him she noticed that he became a
bit more alert and ready and he thanked her with a big happy smile.

"He is almost as Rikka when he smiles like that." She thought to herself.

They had now reached the top the cliff or whatever it was they were sneaking
against. But even if it turned to their left they still continued to follow it,
it was most comfortable that way and it was also what lead to the portal they
were traveling to. After running a few more hundred meters, they were quite
lucky as it seemed as their travel was going quite well indeed. Perhaps it was
the anxiety they had in combination with the surroundings that gave their
imagination energy to scare them. Still many, of not everyone, was running
taking that extra breath. Suddenly they stopped..

The leader turned around and made sure that everyone was accounted for and as
soon as he saw Drakfot, Rikka and Crythos he pointed to his right , straight out
into the darkness. At first Drakfot could not see what he was pointing at, she
tried to make out what every single shape she could see was, still nothing. It
was then it appeared to her what he was showing, the darkness. It was not dark
as in black, it was green. Somehow the dark black color they had seen since they
took their steps into the Prime Roots were different over there, it was
shimmering in green and green-black colors. It was a wonderful show of light
that appeared to them as soon as their eyes got used to it. Not only the gentle
fumes that arise from the ground, but also the light casted on the animals
around it, the plants and grass, everything added to the show. It could seem as
it was nothing peculiar, but for many of the Homins there it was.

"Is this emanating from the sap?" Drakfot asked straight out.

"Yep, it sure is. Haven't seen it with my own eyes until now, but it sure makes
good for what I have heard of it." Crythos said as he stood next to Drakfot
looking at the green light.

"I have heard that when you walk in it, it is like walking in water but its
easier and that it tickles in a funny way." Rikka said. She was smiling again
and Drakfot could notice in her eyes that she was quite eager to walk in the
pound.

"Ehm, Rikka.." Drakfot started to say

"Yes Drakfot, its on the list of things to do, hi hi" Rikka replied as she had
read Drakfot's mind.

"ha ha, well it is most certainly not the last time we will be down here is it."
Crythos said.

They stood there for just a moment longer, it was perhaps only a few seconds but
for them it seemed as time was almost standing still. The leader caught their
attention by making a quiet hissing sound and soon they were running along the
wall again.
Now and then a stray Kincher found their scent but was quickly put to rest by
them. Yet every time they were shown how hard the conditions was down here, it
took an effort of them all to be able to strike the Kinchers down.

Even though this place was so beautiful Drakfot wondered what it was that made
the Homins coming down here time after time even when not traveling from place
to place. What was it that made this place to valuable for them. She decided to
ask Crythos.

"Well, as you see its not just a fine looking spot, it also has the most
valuable items Homins can harvest. You see, the items that we can claim from the
sources here are of the highest quality, 250, and of the finest kind. In fact it
is so fine that it can be used to craft items of every land." He replied
silently.
"Every craft is optimized after the best materials that can be found in each
lands. So you can use the materials found in lakelands to craft the highest and
finest quality of things with the lakeland craft. but you can only use the basic
and basic fine materials if you wish to craft something that is not made for
lakeland materials. But these materials down here are so well made and refined
that they can be used for any craft possible. " He added as they ran by another
pillar.

Drakfot could spot yet another pillar close to the one they just ran by, but she
was still taken by what Crythos just said.

"So these materials here are wanted by Homins for their capabilities?" She asked
him.

"Yes, that and the fact that they have a more positive effect on the items that
you craft." He said as he almost stumbled over a small rock.

"Are you alright Crythos" Drakfot asked him.

"Yes, I am just not used to run around in places as this. Its quite the change
for the lakelands beaches and oceans." He replied.

"HAHA, you clumps footed you." Rikka said with a laugh and soon they both joined
her.

It felt good to let the tension disappear like that and soon , as they had all
finished giggling and laughing, they were following the group. They had gotten a
few meters behind, but now they were both spirited and full of energy to
continue the journey so they increased the pace and was soon back with the group
again.
As they reached them they heard whispers that they were not far away from the
lakelands now.

"Yeah, I am actually glad to see Bounty Beaches after being down here." Crythos
said.
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)