The Jubla's roots

Here both visitors and members can roleplay about everything, within resonable limits ofc!
( Notes : Moderators reserves the right to remove unfitting post and threads without prior notice. )
Ulani
Celestial Guardian

The Jubla's roots

Post by Ulani » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:39 am

Abyss of Ichor
Morning to Midday, Third day of Winter 2532
Weather Fair

Observation:
Suddenly it is almost impossible to find any Excellent Wood here, by the Jublas at Abyss of Ichor's wood road. Even the Choice quality is rare. All this since the weather change.

Theory:
As Master Casiu never spoke much about the Jublas, I don't know much about their root system, but as the plant is among the largest of Jena's creation my guess is that the plant soaked up most of the moist from the nearby bark and dried up all the wood. Will need to come down here after a weather change.

If I only dared to cut some pieces from these Jublas to study.

Experiment:
Ask for protection in case the Jubla reacts violently when being cut.
Collect moss and root from a selection of the Jublas near the Wood sources in Abyss of Ichor.
Measure the different amount of water in the plant in dry and rainy weather.

Ulani
Celestial Guardian

Post by Ulani » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:48 pm

Abyss of Ichor
Late night to Midday, Tenth day of Winter 2532
Weather Fair with a short Sap Storm

Observation:
This morning I could still not find any excellent Motega wood or Tama wood, but plenty of Choice. The sap storm proves that the weather at least isn't the ONLY reason for the lack of excellent mats.

Theory:
It might be the season, winter. Still believe the Jublas has something to do with it. The winter might be hard on them and they exhaust the area as they try to survive the winter.

Experiment:
Tomorrow I try to cut a piece. I'll wait until my invulnerability is ready, for protection. Still not sure how the plant will react.

Ulani
Celestial Guardian

Post by Ulani » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:09 pm

Abyss of Ichor
Morning, Seventeenth day of Winter 2532
Weather mostly Fair

Observation:
I tried to cut a small piece from the Jubla. The reaction was astounding! Never have I seen such a powerful defense from any plant on the bark. The attack started with what appeared as a rain of small flakes of fire, then the shock of a energy attack in a color similar to Goo; purple. I could not with stand it many seconds before I had to take shelter.

Theory:
What purpose has this defense? What creature below the bark feeds upon Jublas. Master Casiu Bellini never spoke a word of the Jublas, was it for a reason? Imagine the power in the materials, imagine jewels made exclusively from a Jubla's buds. That would mayhaps have the power to withstand damage from both fire and goo. Would it even protect the bearer from the dragon's fire?

Experiment:
I will have to talk with a jewel crafter about Jubla jewels. Then find a dozen of the finest specimen in Prime Roots for the purpose of the investigation and produce a set of jewels from it.

Ulani
Celestial Guardian

Post by Ulani » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:08 pm

Twentyseventh day of Winter 2532
Weather occasional Rains

Notes from discussion with crafter:
Jeweler and honoured guild leader Snake has tried to make jewels from Jubla buds. He's got a recipe for very good "uber jewels" with protection against most everything. He talked about a boss somewhere in the Prime Roots, apparently well-harvested as it is a rare sight.

To do:
Locate the Jubla boss for future studies.

Ulani
Celestial Guardian

Post by Ulani » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:11 pm

Abyss of Ichor
Midday to late evening, Tenth day of Spring 2533
Weather Fair

Observation:
Still no excellent wood on the Wood Road, there is not much Choice either.

Theory:
The soil is still recovering from winter. Probably no exe until early summer.

To do:
Continue to study the area for changes.

Ulani
Celestial Guardian

Post by Ulani » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:23 pm

*sigh* Please lock this thread, Drakfot