Wanted: Great Single Player Games

Here visitors can look around, post questions or just say hi.
Seanchai

Re: Wanted: Great Single Player Games

Post by Seanchai » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:49 pm

Frydeswinde wrote:You guessed right, I would like an RPG kinda Action-Adventure without too much subtlety. Reasons to roll a mage: to blow stuff up! Reasons to roll a warrior: to chop things up! Reasons to roll a priest: none, priests are gay...
I'm completely disregarding this (I could claim ignorance and say that I was so lazy I only read the thread-topic but...meh...would be lying if I did) and striking a blow for Call of Cthulhu.

While maybe not the prettiest game graphics wise, it's still quite appealing. It's dank, it's dreary, there's the possibility that you'll go insane (or, well, your character anyway) if there's too much stress/horrific scenes and you might end up killing yourself. Sounds fun, right?

AND, last but not least, you get to play around with Shoggoth. Or, uhm, haven't really gotten that far yet since I keep getting killed by fishmen so I wouldn't know...but here's to hoping!
Seanchai.
Just observing.

Xfire Profile

Aina
Celestial Guardian

Post by Aina » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:29 pm

Fry remembers call of cthulu with fondness I think. I was a weird monk, he was a private detective, and we had this big black due with us played by a kid who got so scared of the adventure he didn't sleep alot afterwards, altho he was using pot and that makes people verry impresionable..

I wrecked his bike by sitting on it, it was his mothers to :p Poor boy :p

Denyria
Guild Leader

Post by Denyria » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:46 am

Frydeswinde wrote:
Denyria wrote:Sounds quite fun :).

What I'd want, is World of Warcraft in full singleplayer mode, I think it'd be great!
You can have that easy!

- right-click on your chat tabs and disable all channels.
- turn off all visuals displaying other players chat balloons and what not.
- play on a PvP server and never turn off your PvP tag
- /ignore everyone who is running after you, they might be trying to send you a tell which you cannot read, see point 1
- Dont use the AH at all, only sell and buy with NPC's. The AH is all about interaction.
- Basically: treat everything and anyone as an NPC with very sophisticated AI, seeing they behave almost like there was a human on the other side.

Looking at this list, it will prolly improve the game greatly, just as the amount of time you will spend on it will get closer to a single player game ;-)

Grtz
Hehe, not really what I thought about ;). A WoW in singleplayer would be less mobs, deeper questlines and a better graphical experience. I like the concept of WoW, but sometimes MMORPG's just kill you :x.

Frydeswinde
Borg Queen

Post by Frydeswinde » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:50 am

Denyria wrote:I like the concept of WoW, but sometimes MMORPG's just kill you :x.
Which is why I quit playing them completely. Really, sometimes I miss the social thing with games but single player ones I am capable of turning off. MMO's are a very devious drug, stay alert and try to maintain your health :D

Frydeswinde
Borg Queen

Post by Frydeswinde » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:37 pm

Denyria
Guild Leader

Post by Denyria » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:53 pm

Frydeswinde wrote:
Denyria wrote:I like the concept of WoW, but sometimes MMORPG's just kill you :x.
Which is why I quit playing them completely. Really, sometimes I miss the social thing with games but single player ones I am capable of turning off. MMO's are a very devious drug, stay alert and try to maintain your health :D
Oh yes indeed, I managed to get off Ryzom with my trip to the US, there wasn't much to come back to a year later, so I can't say I'd be able to get addicted to it again, I only activated my account for the chats :p
And WoW, I just lost intrest for, I can't say I like the community :|