Dusting off the shelves

Here visitors can look around, post questions or just say hi.
Rikka

Dusting off the shelves

Post by Rikka » Fri May 30, 2008 7:10 pm

Greetings Evolutioners!
It has been a while since my feet touched trykerian soil.
How is everyone doing? Is it possible to play Ryzom still? I heard rumours about a bankruptcy.

Now you might wonder how a fossil like me showed up here. Some of you might remember me (a former guildleader of Evolution) and my boyfriend Stormrider, a fyros warrior. Stormrider has been playing EVE for about a year and when AoC released a week ago, a AoC thread was made on their EVE forum. And it turns out the world is small sometimes.
Juneka (a.k.a Kethiko) revealed that he had played Ryzom before and been in a guild called Evolution.
We couldn't remember eachother, so I guess he started playing after I left. :roll:
It did however give me a trip down the memory lane. Names and events I thought I had forgotten came to the surface.

I hope everyone is fine and I want you to know that Evolution will always have a special place in my mind!

Hugs
Rikka / Annika

Ulani
Celestial Guardian

Re: Dusting off the shelves

Post by Ulani » Fri May 30, 2008 7:30 pm

Hey Rikka
I just got an email from Juneka/Kehtiko about you and Stormrider. He's been trying too make me play EVE ever since he found it (but it's not my kind of game). He's still a nice guy!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we've met. I think I started after you left too. But I remember you from rumours and (Drakfot's) campfire tales. Besides I'm really a Phaedrea's Tears spy ;)

Rikka

Post by Rikka » Fri May 30, 2008 8:35 pm

*giggle*
Drakfot's campfire stories are legendary. ;)
I think you were in the guild when I dropped in to say hello during a trial.

trini
Healer

Post by trini » Fri May 30, 2008 9:42 pm

Heya Rikka,

I am pretty sure we never played in the same guild in the same game, but I remember you rezzing me several times in my early explorations of Fairhaven and its surroundings. I think we had a short talk about me founding a guild as a newbie ;)

Nice to hear from you.

Greetings
Trini, Darkmoor Ranger
Trini
kregora Titanfall
Trini Darkmoor EvE Online
Trini Ryzom

Crythos
Guild Sharpshooter

Post by Crythos » Fri May 30, 2008 10:22 pm

Hey Babe :) Hi to you and Stormy nice of you to pop in and say hi.

Evo been abit fragmented since the closing days of SoR a few getting together here and there trying different things with the forum holding us together but a quite few of us together again now in AoC on Ymir server if you fancy it.

Hope all is well and your having fun,

Rikka

Post by Rikka » Sat May 31, 2008 12:33 am

Stormrider and I started playing on AoC: Battlescar (PvP) and we're now lvl 40 resp 30.
I should have come here earlier, before settling down on battlescar.. :cry:
since two servers can be too much to handle.
Who else is playing on Ymir?

Just witnessed our guildkeep being built, so I guess we'll have to defend it soon. *motherly feelings*

Trini: Aye, Fairhaven is quite dangerous. Shady trykers lurking in every corner.. ;)

Crythos
Guild Sharpshooter

Post by Crythos » Sat May 31, 2008 1:04 am

So Far Me, Trini, Sxar, Thosam, Aina, Prunes, Ryz actually playing.

If you check the AoC thread in the game on section interest from others too, Drak I think wants to try on a Buddy first.

Just gained 2 new members playing tonight aswell seem older freindly peeps.

(Should get forum apps from Snif and Frysta DraK)

Prunes
Thingy fiddler

Post by Prunes » Sat May 31, 2008 2:00 am

Hey Rikka, my memorys not so bad i dont remember you :)
was going through my old screen shots a while ago and have two pics of you with a candy cane that looks like your trying to copy Tigane's pose and GM staff :)
(neither that great, have UI in way, Shozau blocking one of them, but made me smile for the rest of the day :) )

doing quests / general hunting in epic zones is so much fun, having to plan your way through agro, carefully select what you pull to avoid team wipes.. get in over our heads and survive by the smallest margin
brought back many fond memorys of teaming in ryzom, a lot more than just in normal areas

Rikka

Post by Rikka » Sat May 31, 2008 10:21 am

Pfsch.. I'm not copying anyone! Tigane is copying me! ;)
Sadly all of my screenshots were lost when I got a new computer. But I will always remember the barebreasted tryker men *drifts off into the land of dreams*

I remember back when almost everyone were bound to their homelands. Though one day the trykers got a visitor..
He was tall and funnylooking. Never had we seen such a creature. He called himself a matis and spoke of a land far away. He had been traveling by foot through the unknown territories. We listened to his stories like spellbound children all day long.
But our guildleader Sky saw something else than just a good story. She quickly persuaded the tall stranger to stay and he was invited to Evolution. Over time Sky gained the knowledge of the border area and one day she made up her mind - The trykers were leaving to explore the world!
The journey quickly became perilous and many trykerian lives were lost. Beasts larger than our homes lurked in every corner. The tall man who lead the way, showed us to a hole in the mountain and we crawled into it.
We found ourselves in a gigantic underground cave. Bigger creatures than those we had passed earlier lived down there and the only light came from the plants.
Sky encourage everyone to keep going and we continued our journey. The creatures were easily disturbed so every step had to be precise.
Finally a bright light was spotted and we rushed for the exit. This was the homeland of the tall stranger that had arrived in Fairhaven not so long ago. The trees were so huges that you couldn't see the top of them.
After a while, which seemed like hours for the weary trykers, we saw buildings growing out from the trees. Out from the buildings tall people came to greet us. Our matis friend was finally home with his kin.
This was a historical day, for this was the day when anything was possible! Nothing could keep the trykers from exploring Atys now. The barrier between the inhabitants of Atys was broken!

Aina
Celestial Guardian

Post by Aina » Sat May 31, 2008 4:34 pm

*waves to Rikka* !!

Heya, nice to hear from you again. We are doing some AoC atm on ymir as cry told you, so far it's fun.
I've become a father 5 weeks ago so not much time for me online. Ryzom is dead unless a miracle happens, still hoping but not much faith in it. Frydes play's WoW still, we tried tabula rasa, it's nice but i've dropped it, kid on the way etc.

Most of my time is now working, taking care of mother and child and sleeping :) Once in a while I get to log on and do something. I'd like less sleep, but it ruins me :p

We'll see you in the PvP games that are ingame since they are not server specific (at least I thought so)

Have fun!

Aina

Rikka

Post by Rikka » Sat May 31, 2008 6:38 pm

Congratulations!! I knew you had it in you! ;)
I'm thinking of producing one of my own, but I'll have to wait until Stormrider and I have grown up and become proper adults. ;) A friend of ours just got a baby boy, so we will have to hurry and get a girl (or a boy if.. yeah) so they can be wed later on!
You must show pictures!!! (Or if it's on the member section - give me access!! *Pokes someone*)

I made a character on Ymir, but to my horror Rikka was already taken! *looks around suspiciously*
So her name became Ayela instead. Not sure if I can play her much having started at a new job and playing on another server.

And if you ever see me in the PvP battlegrounds, I'm dead meat.. My heart is pounding as soon as anyone pokes me and I panic, smashing all the keys on the keyboard. :oops:
WANTED: Bodyguards

Sxarlet
Carrier of stealth socks

Post by Sxarlet » Sat May 31, 2008 7:38 pm

hey there Rikka!

Nice to hear from you again! I'm sure Crythos the Ranger will be a proper bodyguard for you. Don't expect anything from Sxarlet the barbarian girl... she a bit unpredicatble, and Sxin... he's an untrustworthy Priest of Set, who'll most likely steal your health to keep alive!

Just drop by now and then, as always we dont have any rules how much / how long members should be online ;)

And about kids... I always use the excuse that I need some more practise making them ;)
*Wondering what to play now....*

Drakfot
Guild Muse

Post by Drakfot » Sat May 31, 2008 11:21 pm

Hello sweet Rikka !

Such a wonderful thing to hear your voice echoing through the corridors of our forum, as mentioned earlier it is what keeps us together as we are still to find a the common gathering point that Ryzom once was.

It seems as you are doing well too, and that your are keeping busy :)

I myself have not yet had time to look into AoC, still waiting for a buddy key, if I don't get a box beforehand depending on what the others report of the game :)
But it would be great indeed if we all could meet up sometime and have a good time together, just like the old days :)

Take care !
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)
I am but a crafter of words

Aina
Celestial Guardian

Post by Aina » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:55 am

Rikka wrote:Congratulations!! I knew you had it in you! ;)
I'm thinking of producing one of my own, but I'll have to wait until Stormrider and I have grown up and become proper adults. ;) A friend of ours just got a baby boy, so we will have to hurry and get a girl (or a boy if.. yeah) so they can be wed later on!
You must show pictures!!! (Or if it's on the member section - give me access!! *Pokes someone*)
check http://evoguild.mine.nu/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1326 for a photo :)

You are still a member I think so have acces to this thread, otherwise poke drakfot :)

Drakfot
Guild Muse

Post by Drakfot » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:09 pm

geeza wrote: You are still a member I think so have acces to this thread, otherwise poke drakfot :)
Should already be sorted, added Rikka to the Evolution Members Group yesterday :)
//Drakfot,
(Admin/Moderator/Host)
I am but a crafter of words